Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sportfishing Landing In the Works???

Hey there guys,

I saw a post and read an independant report on Negoiations for the concession of the Malibu Pier. The concession will include managing the pier, a sportfishing landing, tackleshop, resturant, etc. A bid has apearently been accepted and the 4 buildings on the pier have to be remodeled.

Hey TubeN2, waddaya think, that would be pretty close to your home ground wouldn't it? TubeDude might have fished out of there!

There was a sportfishing operation there many years ago. Kinda faded away like the landing out of Hermossa Beach!

Let's keep our fingers crossed,

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron, That would be fun, when I was a kid I did a few trips there.

[size 1]When was there a landing out of Hermosa Beach? [/size]

[signature]

Hi FTRDeckhand,

Great Radio show!

The Hermosa beach deal was something like a shuttle to a fishing barge and maybe it was the same barge that also had a shuttle that went out of from Redondo Beach Pier! There were lot of barges out in the 30's and 40's (before my time).

JapanRon
[signature]
That's only about 1/2 hour from my house. It could be a good thing but now I'm thinking of the extra traffic that it will generate on the PCH.

On the other hand, it will also generate some other types of inshore traffic. Sharks, Rays, Butts, and other fins. The water is still cleaner there so that is also a plus.
[signature]