Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse Spooling Used Fishing Line Saves Money!
Spinners To Conventionals! Braid Or Monofilament! This Works!

Recently i started to re-vamp all my rigs. Because of the high usage i put on my gear i take a few days every year to re-lube the reels to changing or reverse spooling the line. I take this time to re-order hooks to changing the light reflective tape on my rods. I pre-make new leaders & replace any damaged gear.

I was giving away a few rigs i no longer use to good friends (Battalions to Fenwicks) and one of my buddies was shocked that i put a few spinning spools on the side to get re-spooled. Seems most of my friends aren't as "thrifty" as i am. Lol! When you have several spinners with +350yd of 50lb braid in each it does get expensive re-spooling all of them. So i'm going to show how i accomplish this money saving regiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4wzWqcLPk
[signature]
Great idea Chris. I know for years I've done that when using lead core line but since I rarely use braid and nowhere near that much mono on my reels, I had not considered doing that on my other reels but it makes sense.
So when taking it off one reel and putting it on another empty reel spool, do you use the whole rod and reel? Seems like it would be hard if you did not have something to hold onto while reeling in all that line. I have seen those reel machines at store, where they put line on your reel but wasn't sure if that's what you used or what method you used.
[signature]
You need to do that only if you want the line back on the original reel. If you have a second reel or spare spool that uses the same line, just tie the damaged end to the second reel and wind it on.
[signature]

[quote RockyRaab]You need to do that only if you want the line back on the original reel. If you have a second reel or spare spool that uses the same line, just tie the damaged end to the second reel and wind it on.[/quote]

Yes, i needed the line back on my original reel. I got some empty spools from my favorite tackle store so it'll help next time.
[signature]
This time i took the spool off & had my favorite tackle shop re=spool it using empty spools. I'm looking for a company to supply me one "hopefully" in exchange for exposure. Need one with variable speed & adapter that can handle reels up to 14K.
[signature]