Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL crappies
Got a few crappies at the State Park today, no ice in sight.
[signature]
Appreciate the report. Do you do anything particular to catch the crappie versus white bass, perch, etc.?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

What I noticed is that most of the crappies I caught are 3 to 4 feet from the surface. I caught them on the trout magnet with an added crappie nibble. The perch and white bass I caught are 1 to 2 feet off the bottom. The Winter bite is really light, sometimes my bubble doesn't even go under. It just tilted a little to one side.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Looks like a nice bucket of slabs. Good on ya.
[signature]
Thanks so much for the details. I've been fishing the bottom only. And I've always wanted to try the Trout Magnets. I have some Trout Nibbles--do you or anyone know if there is really any difference between them and the crappie ones?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Trout magnets and a tip of worm tore up the perch at Echo for me a few months back. I love them. I really like a double jig set up with them on the bottom jig and a more flashy color tube style on the upper
[signature]
I don't think there is any difference between the trout nibbles and the crappie nibbles except for the spelling. They both are made in the same company.
[signature]