Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington North - Calm before the storm
A couple of us fished HN in our tubes today from 10:00 until 3:00 using fly gear. We used medium sinking lines and size 6 & 8 bead head buggers and soft hackles in tan/green/pearl, black/orange/pearl, and white/pink/pearl.

We picked up all rainbows from 12" to 18" long. It wasn't fast fishing but the weather was in the 20's and 30's and the winds were calm so it was all good.

The water temperature was 38-40 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 7'. There were a couple of shore fishermen but didn't see them having much action. The reservoir level is at 89% and dropping slowly.

We don't have many days left to enjoy tubing so we will take anything we can get.[Wink]

Happy Holiday to all BFTer's[Smile]
[signature]
Great report and pics, thanks for sharing it with us. Cool eagle pics, did you zoom in with your camera to take those pics or were they just that close to you?
Looks like the weather there has been just as mild there as it has here. Just when I see some cold weather in the forecast, a few days later it warms up, it's starting to make me think this might be one of those Winters when it doesn't get too cold and all the snow is in the mountains. Maybe another week or two things will change.[:/]
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Cool eagle pics, did you zoom in with your camera to take those pics or were they just that close to you?
[:/][/quote]

The picture was with a zoom of 20X. I missed a great shot when one of them flew by about 50' above the water. It was the one that landed over on the hill.[:/]

It's nice to have other entertainment besides the fish, especially when the fishing is slow.[Wink]
[signature]
I hear you on it being nice to have other entertainment besides the fish. It's one of the things I enjoy about fishing at lakes that have wildlife nearby.
[signature]