Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Berry Report
I neglected to post our outing after asking for help with ice conditions, so this report is a bit old.  
We ended up at Chicken Creek.  Didn't start fishing until around 2pm.  Not the best time of day, but I'll take what I can when it comes to family time.  Fished for a couple of hours and iced 3 cutts and 1 bow.  Largest cutt went about 20".  Bow was small maybe 13".  Lost one on the way up and missed a bunch of bites.  Fished a variey of sizes and colors.  Orange was the hot color of the day.  20' FOW and the most aggressive fish were within 6 feet of the bottom.
Cooked some hot dogs, ate snacks, had a few laughs and headed home before it got dark.  My wife hates the cold and I didn't want her to have to feel the after-sunset temps.
Can you tell me the ice conditions and the snow depths? Can I take a machine on the snow?
Congrats on the outing... nice to be able to get in even a little time on the ice... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Family time is always important, no matter when you get it and thanks for posting a report. Being late is better than not posting at all, I wish all members that ask for info like you did, then went fishing, would post a report Smile