Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rainbow day at the Berry 2/25
I had plans with another BFT member to try out the shuttle service today. That member had something come up and couldn't make it. But another BFT member took his place, although later in the day. With the deep snow I'm glad I had them take me out. I didn't like the later start, but turned out well. 

I started in 12 ft of water and nearly stayed in my original holes all day. Started off fast and furious with 8 fish in the first 45 min with a double at one point. All but one were Cutts up to 19". Then it slowed down with a fish here and there the rest of the day. But those I caught going forward were mostly bows. I ended the day with 23 fish, with at least half of those rainbows. 2 were 18" and had some shoulders on them.  One bow was really colored up and was a beauty. Biggest fish was a 20" cutt.

It has been a couple of years since I last ice fished the Berry. It was a lot of fun. Brought 4 great bows home with me. 

[Image: 20230225-132010.jpg]

[Image: 20230225-132005.jpg]

[Image: 20230225-101728.jpg]

[Image: 20230225-092116.jpg]

[Image: 20230225-200956.jpg]
Nice bows, sorry we missed you. It would not be fun to trudge out there on foot right now.
Great color on that one bow, sounds like a great day. How was the slush where you set up? How far did you move out, must have been a beast to move in that deep show.
Good to hear you were still able to make it out. What time does the shuttle start making runs?
(02-26-2023, 01:44 PM)2knots Wrote: Nice bows, sorry we missed you. It would not be fun to trudge out there on foot right now.

Thanks. Yes the snow was really deep, about 18" where we fished.

(02-26-2023, 02:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great color on that one bow, sounds like a great day. How was the slush where you set up? How far did you move out, must have been a beast to move in that deep show.

Really no slush where we were at. Well at least on top of the ice. There is a slush layer under the ice but that doesn't affect travel. We went south of the entrance to the narrows. Once off the sleds it was tough trudging.

(02-26-2023, 02:40 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Good to hear you were still able to make it out. What time does the shuttle start making runs?

First appointments start at 8 am. I waited 45 min for my turn to go out. Wasn't actually fishing until nearly 915.
Ouch, that is late. Good thing you were still able to get a bunch.
Way to go Paul, that's a nice batch of bows, I'll bet that was fun to catch them... congrats on a great day... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!