Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mabey pond [Clearfield pond]
I thought that if any of you fish Clearfield pond you would like to know that the ice is off. I might give it a try this week with the grandkids.
[signature]
I've only had the chance to fish it once, caught a couple little gills. Have you ever caught anything nice out of there?
[signature]
I have never fished it but I need something close to me to take my grandkids fishing in the afternoon. I used to take them to Kaysville but since they have been working on it we haven't gone. I have heard there are some good cats in there and I had a neighbor get a couple of nice bass out of there.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Where is this pond in Clearfield? Is it the pond next to where the movie theater was?[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Troutboy[/size][/font]
[signature]
yes it is right by where the movie theatre was. They have opened it up to fishing you just have to be careful where you fish from. They have opened a youth center on one side and I think you can fish from there or over by where there is a space in between the two building off the parking lot.
[signature]
the utah catch and release record channel was caught in there a while back....

correct me if i am wrong or if it has been beaten allready... it was 34 inches i believe..

very nice cat.

JOe
[signature]
I thought the community pond was steeds pond behind holt elementry. if not is that pond still open to fishin or not. I fished there as a kid living in sunset, and my neighbor hauled a 32# channel out of there.
[signature]
As far as I know the pond by Holt is still being fished. My son used to fish it with his friends. They were getting some bass out of it.
[signature]
I've fished Steeds Pond from time to time, lots of stunted bluegill some stunted bass and a few carp. Never caught a catfish out of there. Don't fish there much anymore, to much garbage among other things laying around.
[signature]
mabey used to be really good fishing before they closed it but since its reopen [size 1]i'm[/size] not sure ..only fished it twice and we didn't have any bites and didn't see any jumping.........steeds pond as far as i know is being draned to make a condo complex but not sure..last time i was there it was last fall and it was very low...used to catch some nice cats in it....they biggest i have caught was 12 in but it put up a nice fight and was fun for my [size 1]cousin[/size] to bring in....i caught it on my pole and let him bring it in..he loved it [sly] and it made me fill good to see him having fun... any new reports would be cool also tips...i might be trying these again soon.....thanx and gl to all
[signature]
went fising there tonight it was pretty good had a few good hits think there where cats cause i had stinky bait on..it was kindy cold so didnt stat long about a hour...my friend was useing jigs and he had some baits too...might be going back later today when the sun comes back up ..hehehehehe
[signature]
went by there while in route to an install and wathced a guy catch a bunch of gills. Looked like he was catching them every cast.
[signature]
went there again today and everybody almost was catching fish ..mainly crappie and a few bluegill .my friend almost had a bass...the crappie was decent size too....also went to steeds the fishing there was ok the water hasnt come up much though
[signature]
When I was a kid it was called Polum's Pond (sp). Rumors had it that there was a underground channel that connected it to Steed's Pond and of course Loch Ness.
[signature]