Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAPPIE AND BLUEGILL
SO I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND I WAS THINKING SOME PANFISH ACTION IS JUST WHAT SHE NEEDS, I MADE HER PRACTICE HER CASTING LAST YEAR WITH PLUGS AND A RAPALA I TOOK THE HOOKS OFF OF.

SO THE QUESTION IS, WHERE DO I TAKE HER THAT WE CAN GET TO FOR AN EVENING, OR EVEN IF WE GO ONE DAY ON A WEEKEND, WHERE HAS GOOD PANFISH ACTION THAT IS "KID FREINDLY" SO SHE DOESNT GET TIRED OF IT? CLOSE TO SALT LAKE CITY, OR IN IT, THAT I CAN GET HER OUT AND HAVE A KFC DINNER OR SOMETHING, MY WIFE IS PREGNANT TOO SO IT WOULD HELP NOT TO HAVE EITHER OF THEM WALK VERY FAR.

THANKS,

LATERS,
[signature]
If you had a long weekend, you could take them out to Wendover and fish Blue lakes. In the blue gill ponds, I've caught gills on a bare gold hook, so their user friendly. When my baby brother first started fishing 5 years ago, my dad and me took him out there and caught a good 300 blue gills in the day we fished it, and then we had a good old sea food buffet in town. It might help to have some rubber boots, though. Its not too far of a walk from where you park, plus you can get into some big bass too. Just my 2 cents.
[signature]
I started my daughter on catfish now it is her favorite type of fishing. But she enjoys trout fishing too and now is getting into fly fishing. She has not as of yet experience the fun of crappie fishing...that will be a coming attraction...soon.
[signature]
Hey badfish, when it gets a little warmer, mantua and hopefully pineview will be good for panfish. I'll be sure to post when I find some. I promised icehole a killer crappie trip.
[signature]
do you have to go for pan fish? willow pond is a good place also there are two small ponds in south jordan that are planted with trout and you can catch small planters all day long, they are just afew minutes from my house so can take my 3yo out for the day or an hour or two
[signature]
NO IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE PANFISH, I WAS JUST THINKING WITH MY "PRINCESS" PANFISH WOULD BE FUN, I DONT WANT TOO STRONG A FISH FOR HER, ALTHOUGH LAST YEAR SHE CAUGHT MORE SMALLLIES IN THE BAY WE CAMPED IN AT FLAMING GORGE THAN I DID.....HHMM....FORGOT ABOUT THAT. I WAS MORE OR LESS JUST LOOKING FOR SOME ACTION FOR HER AROUND HOME..SHE HAS BEEN ALL OVER ME TO GO FISHING, SHE WAS MAD AT ME FOR 3 DAYS WHEN I WENT ICE FISHING WITHOUT HER...AND SINCE I HAVE NOT FOUND A BOAT YET, 14 FOOT ALUMINUM (RUTHLESS PLEA FOR HELP) I CANNOT TAKE HER OUT ON DEER CREEK OR JORDANELLE YET, SO...I WAS JUST WONDERIN.

THOSE ALL SOUND GREAT. THANKS ALL FOR THE IDEAS,

LATERS,
[signature]
Badfish, Kaysville pond right off the kaysville exit on I-15 has some big bluegills in it along with some bass and catfish. Try nightcrawlers about a foot and a half from a wieghted float in the small creeks between the ponds. Good fishing, Matt
[signature]