Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheepshead, Snapper & Snook: SW FL Fishbuster Dave
[cool][font "Arial"][size 2]I was happy to see the winds and seas calmed on Monday, although fishing was a bit slow, 50 feet off Naples, with the Bill Hoover party. We caught five mangrove snapper to 15 inches. There were at least another twenty or thirty of them off the stern, but they were not biting well. We also caught keeper Spanish mackerel, a couple of large triggerfish, keeper sheepshead, porgies and grunts. We released gag grouper shorts.

Tuesday, I fished central Estero Bay with Ronald Constantini and friend, Rick. We used live shrimp and white baits, to catch and release six snook to 20 inches, jack cravalle, and a small gag grouper. We even caught a small barracuda, which is a bit unusual bayside, in a creek mouth off the bay.

Wednesday, I fished with the Dick Leonard party in 30 feet off Naples. We caught seven nice sheepshead to 20 inches and 5 pounds, and nine mangrove snapper to 14 inches. We released lots of gag grouper shorts, and red grouper to 19 inches. The porpoise moved in on us toward the end of our excursion, which pretty much ends the catching!

The winds that haunted us the previous week returned this week on Thursday, and persisted through the weekend, so that ended this week's fishing for us. The photo below is of Rob & Mary Fish (really!) with a triggerfish and a sheepshead, caught on a recent Fishbuster Charter off Bonita Beach.[/size][/font]

For full info and fish photo-album, please visit [url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][#0000ff]www.fishbustercharters.com[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]