Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michigan Program Teaches Kids About Fishing
COLDWATER, MI--A group of Michigan state agencies recently kicked off a new program called Project F.I.S.H. (Friends Involved in Sportfishing Heritage) to teach more kids about fishing.

The goals of the program, according to officials, are to provide kids with sportfishing experience, with mentoring hopefully resulting in a lifelong learning process while developing an appreciation of the outdoors as well as outdoors ethics and appropriate outdoors behaviors.

Project coordinators say they hope to help adults mentor and spend time with the kids, reaching them through clubs, schools and sportsmen's organizations.

Those interested in participating in the program should call (517) 279-4311 or send an email to [url "mailto:info@projectfish.org"]info@projectfish.org[/url].
[signature]
Project fish has been running for about 10 years now. Steve is head of the progam out of MSU.

I have been working indirectly with him thorugh the oakland county 4-H. most every county has a fishing program through its 4-H youth groups. some have several.

we have a number of kids fishing tournaments planned for this year in oakland county.

Hooked on fishing International is one of our biggigest suporters.
[signature]
That's good to know. I just pulled this article from NAFC. I guess they should update their materials a little bit.
[signature]