Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catching Ghost Shrimp
Can anyone send me info on catching ghost shrimp? How can I make one of those "slurp guns", made of PCV, for catching them? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. ><)))'> ><)))'>

><)))'> ><)))'> ><)))'> ><)))'>

Hank

[url "mailto:hlg1962@yahoo.com"]hlg1962@yahoo.com[/url]
[signature]
Hey there halibut_hank, Hi and welcome to the BFT message boards. I believe you would probably need a vacuum transducer for getting one of those slurp guns to work. They may be other models available as well.

I will check into designs for you. In the meantime others may also respond to your request.

What area are planning to go shrimping at?? It is helpful to know so that we can find other members from your state as well.

Good luck and Happy Fishing/Shrimping.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply Tube. I'll be ghostshrimping in Long Beach, Ca.

><)))'> ><)))'>
[signature]
I found a website that sells the easy to build plans for about 5 bucks plus a dollar shipping and handling. Here is a link for you.

[url "http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/2615/ghost.html"]http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/2615/ghost.html[/url]

I hope this helps you and if you need anything, I moderate the CA board as well. Fell free to drop on by and leave us a fish report from time to time. We would be glad to hear from you.
[signature]

Hi there halibut_hank,

I made one with the plans. The walls of the PVC are too thick to easily go into the sand unless you're King Kong. The overall weight of the thing makes it akward. Go to the inside of 72 St and check out the slurps that the oriental guys are using. They are light and thin walled stainless steel and the tube goes in the sand like a hot knife thru butter!

That's what you want! If you want the one I made, oh.... it works alright, come and get it! I even tried sharpening the end of the PVC.. Still.......

JapanRon
[signature]
Thanks Ron,

I'll be getting back with you shortly. Thanks again.

Henry G.
[signature]