Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouper, Snapper, Macks, Jacks, Shark & Wild Weather: SW FL Fishbuster Dave
Wild weather greeted us this week, and I was unable to get any fishing trips offshore until Friday. Thursday, I fished the backbay with the George Oliver party, but the tide was very low, and fishing was slow. We caught and released sheepshead, and we were wishing we could head offshore, but residual high winds and seas prevented that.

Friday, seas were calmed to 2-3 feet, but conditions were muddy, and sloppy, Confused seas remained, after the beating the Gulf took all week. I fished in 35 feet off Naples with Frank Vayda and friends, Brian and Dan. We caught keeper mangrove snapper and Spanish mackerel. We released an 8 pound jack cravalle and a 4 foot sharpnose shark.

The Gregg Wessels party fished with me Saturday, 20 miles off Naples, where seas were 4-5 feet. Braving those conditions paid off in terms of fourteen mangrove snapper to 15 inches, caught on live shrimp, and a 24 inch gag grouper, which we caught on a blue runner, one of hundreds of blue runners out there.

The attached photo is of anglers with the Peter Haluenen party, who caught a mess of mangrove snapper to 18 inches, this 4 lb. triggerfish, and this large whitebone porgie, on a recent Fishbuster Charter off Naples Beach.

For full info and fish photo-album, please visit [url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][#0000ff]www.fishbustercharters.com[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]