Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cod fishing off of NH
[Sad][Sad][Sad]Last Friday the 16th My Lady and I ventured out on a party boat out of Hampton Beach NH. The wind was up and so where the sea's, better than 12" rollers with about 10 second between. We could not stay in contact with the bottom so the bite was no good. In the afternoon we were able to go farther off shore when the winds let up. We got out to Jeffries ledge. Started to pick up fish about one oclock. Some keepers but mostly small cod and haddock. Every thing I caught would not measure up so back it went. Very poor day the weather was the key. Quite a few people on the boat could not handle the conditions and were sick all day including my lady. She never left the inside of the boat. I didn't even get any pictures for the 16 spec. contest. Oh well maybe next time. Now to try for stripers in the Hudson.
[signature]
Hey Chief, even a bad day fishing beats a good day at work. It's good to see that you got out. I finally got my pics in for the 16 species contest. Feel free to check them out when you get a chance.
[signature]
Hey TubeN2 , I saw your pics already good job. My next venture will be stripers and herring also shad in the hudson river this week can't wait to get the boat out. Double check my batteries and stow my fishing gear and I'm all set. I posted some nice stripers caught this past weekend in a local contest on the Ny board
[signature]
I'll drop by and check them out. I am mostly going to target sharks for the rest of the contest. Catch and Release of course. The shark season is just starting to roll around here.

I have a choice of species including, Horn, Leopard, Blues, Hammer Heads, Dog Fish, Makos and a few others. It should be interesting.
[signature]
One of my co-workers here just came back from North Carolina and he said they were catching sand sharks off the pier there, not to big about 3'
[signature]
That's about the size of the Sand Sharks here also. I've caught them from 10" to around 39". They put up a good fight though. I've seen some good size California Bat Rays come up lately as well. A guy caught one out of Redondo Beach CA that weighed about 50lbs. It measured 4' across the wings and around 6' in total length from nose to tip of tail.
[signature]