Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouper, Kings, Spanish, snapper & Flounder: SW FL Fishbuster Dave
[cool][font "Arial"][size 2]I fished at the Bonita Reefs Monday with Fred Marunde and daughters, Chris and Nadine. We used live shrimp, and caught three nice flounder, each about 16 inches, an 18 inch sheepshead, and a large triggerfish. Seas were still pretty rough offshore, which is why we decided to fish near shore.

Tuesday, I fished with Bob & Matt Pumford in 51 feet, 20 miles west of New Pass. We caught ten large mangrove snapper to 21 inches, triggerfish, porgies, and Spanish mackerel to 26 inches. We released gag grouper shorts to 21 ½ inches, just ½ inch short of legal size.

Larry Vigliotti and friends Chuck, Lenny & Grubby fished with me Wednesday, about 20 miles off Naples. We caught 16 nice mangrove snapper, a keeper red grouper, a 26 inch Spanish mackerel, and large triggerfish.

Thursday, I fished with the Denny Sollman party, again 20 miles off Naples. We were looking forward to seas forecast at one to three feet, but we faced a steady three foot sea for the duration of our trip. We caught mangrove snapper, triggerfish, and Spanish mackerel to 25 inches. We released gag and red grouper just ½ inch short of legal size.

Gregg Bedell fished with me Friday, 19 miles west of New Pass. We caught mangrove snapper to 14 inches, a 13 inch porkfish, which is large for that species, porgies, and Spanish mackerel to 26 inches. The mackerel had just begun moving in when a 9 foot hammerhead shark began circling us, which put a damper on catching any more mackerel. We also released about thirty gag grouper to 20 inches.

Saturday, Dick Wilson and I fished on a 258 heading, 22 miles off New Pass. We caught a couple dozen mangrove snapper to 16 inches, and released all but four of those. We also caught a 24 inch gag grouper and a 35 inch king mackerel.

The Al Gallo party fished with me 12 miles off Naples Sunday, and we caught keeper mangrove snapper, triggerfish, and released gag grouper shorts to 21 inches.

The photo attached is of angler Gregg wessels with a 24 inch gag grouper, caught on a Fishbuster charter off Naples last week.[/size][/font]

For full info and fish photo-album, please visit [url "http://www.fishbustercharters.com/"][#0000ff]www.fishbustercharters.com[/#0000ff][/url]
[signature]