Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake X
Jedi master, I need help.

I hit jordanelle today, the water temp was 44 degrees this morning. Yikes!

Whats with water skiiers? it aint that fun!

Anyways, tried to get some smallies despite the conditions.

Thanks to the jedi master, I had some tips that worked last weekend. So I figured I would try them out.

Heres a nice smallmouth bass! [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0139565.jpg][/center] [center]Oh no, wait, thats not a smallmouth! [/center] [center]Lets try again. [/center] [center][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0148849.jpg][/center] [center]There, thats more like it huh Tommy?[/center] [center]Anyways, as you can guess, the smallmouth werent co-operating with me today. We got a few nice rainbows as well. As you can see from the facial expressions, I wasnt too happy to find trout at the end of my line, but it was better than getting skunked.[/center] [center]Its been a while since I caught brown trout, so if the brown bass werent going to play it works.[/center] [center]I got all my fish casting kevin van damme bitsy tubes to the bank while working the depths for smallies. [/center] [center]Sorry, no pics of the rainbows, they are a dime a dozen in this state, if you need to see rainbows, visit your local put and take trout o' rama.[/center] [center]So Jedi master, are these the kind of smallies you are going to continually send me up to catch? If so, I think I will seperate myself from the organization, branch out and start my own religion. [/center]
[signature]
nice fish mike i wish i could catch bass like that.[crazy]
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Hey my padawan learner, you are a slow learner I see. Dem's be snakes not bass! [/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] I have returned from potatoe country both excited and humbled, but I never gave up. We learned after our tournment at Milner Res that 100,000 smallies were lost last fall during irrigation time. It seems some of the wrong gates were left open, and now some of my beloved bronzebacks are fertilizer.[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] Anyway I sucked sat. By not prefishing friday night, I fished stupid on sat and did poorly. But, After regrouping sat night and some mexican food. I kicked butt sunday. The first 15 mins I had 2 keepers in the live well and fought a 12lb carp for over 10 mins for my jerkbait(foul hooked it right into middle in the body. I later threw the jerkbait in a tree where it still resides). [/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] BOY, YOU HAVE A CASE OF PREMATURE ANTICIPATION. Deer Creek may still have a week to go(probably less). While, Jordanelle has a minium of 10 days. Smallies spawn from about 57 to 65 degrees. LMB spawn at about 63 to 70. I don't think Utah Lake spawn has started yet.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Guns, sorry to hear about the kink in the program on my home state lakes. Dem waterusers got rights and da fishies don't.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Hey, whazzup wid da signature...somtin' bout da Tubedad whatever thing? You campaignin' for some of my new bunny buzzers?[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, what did it take to win the tournament? Lures, weight, fish count and stuff?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Hey Tubedad! We had four anglers within 8 oz of each for the final total. All four had over 17lbs, and 6 of us had over 10lbs(me included on a one day weight). The storm front slowed everything down sat. While air temperature was in the 70's, the water temps weren't quite 50(51 was consider high). Sunday 56 degrees was the high water temp( We believed that today and all this week it will pick up like mad). [/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] The sig is a tribute to the only real pro on our boards. You have spread more love and lures than anyone can count. We all should give credit where credit is do.[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] Jerkbaits, jerkbaits, and a jerkbaits were the key. I noticed this afterwards sat and set up 4 rods with Pointer 78's(in different colors). While the others did okay with ghostminnow, I led a one man demolition crew with lemon shad. A few fish were caught on plastics, but they were rats(no keepers on plastics, dem smallies be a chasin' minnows). They were upchuckin' 3" to 5" chubs. The water was kinda stained. Sparklebaits were cutting it.[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] My arm is now in a sling, I might need rotator cuff surgery after this weekend. It feels like I pitched all four games and all 9 innings in a wraparound(baseball term) weekend series. [/size][/#800080]
[signature]
brownies are still considered slime rockets for you bassaholics? geez i havent seen browns out of jordanelle for awhile. i would be proud to hook some in that lake since they are dang hard to find.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Hey Xman, the brownies should be happening until about fourth of july. After that, the browns will be feeding on perchettes for the rest of the summer.[/size][/#800080]

[#800080][size 2] Methinks quite a few browns were caught through the ice this past winter.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]