Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
check out my muskey bait
had a good day fishing at the honey hole after work , added some sizeable fish to the 16 species contest too .

now this fish had to be released because it was under the legal limit . but as i was reeling it in , not more than 8 feet away , planing on the surface just waiting to be put in the net when all the sudden a muskey appears out of nowhere and hits my fish . my fish is hit broadside and goes airborn and whips in a half circle around to my backside stuned motenless .

i later hooked into the same muskey and got spooled out halfway before the line broke , not from the drag so much as the reel couldn't keep up with the line comming off . the spool is toast , bent totally unusable .

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=4447;]
this fish is 22" long and bit 1/2 way on it's body , minimum jaw on that muskey is around 11" ,

that's a big fish .
[signature]
Thata nice fish lonehunter. It's too bad he got hurt. I guess you can cure him in the frying pan though. I find that's a good remedy even for simply hook in mouth disease.[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
he had to go back in because he was too small , but , not before getting a good few minutes of resusatation . that fish got pretty luckey , he wasen't dinner for me ,the muskey or the crayfish .

the water recieded about 4 feet , couldn't tempt that miskey at all . did hook onto a sizeable largemouth , 6 or 7 pounds at least , he's sporting a rapala as a nose jewerly [Sad] .

it's all good thou , cought a couple pike sporting some mepps spinners [cool].
[signature]
It's always a charm to catch a fish that is sporting someone elses jewelry. My son and I started slow trolling a small lake that we go to on the float tubes. We are constantly picking up old lines with rooster tails still attached as well as other lures.

We get quite a collection of sinkers too. All the extra line gets put in to a plastic bag and thrown in to the recycle bin.
[signature]
yea, i picked the treeline from some strung too . a couple sinkers , one rusty hook and some bobbers .

i leave some of the usable stuff on top of the wall for someone else to find , and the newer stuff finds it's way into my box . i coil the string up on spools for leader material and crawler harneses .
[signature]
Do you have any diagrams on how to make crawler harnesses?? That would make a good post on the Tackle and Tips board.[Wink]
[signature]
you should have shown up for the leader tieing seminar I ran for the kids several weeks ago...

60 kids signed up for different leaders for different types of fish from bass to gills to trout to perch ect...
[signature]
[Smile]wow! that,s somethin, on that muskie, and this is a good fish here bud. cool. bet it was fun. later[Smile]
[signature]
We are getting ready to do one for some of the kids around here. We will be doing it at Hansen Lake in Lakeview Terrace. I just posted a small Catfish from there on the 16 species. Yeeeeeeehaaaawwww. My first freshwater entry for the contest.

we are doing a fishing seminar for those that are from 8yrs to 16yrsold. We will include the basic knots, riggings and leaders as well. This will include some hands on fishing at the lake and prizes for several of the events.

It should be alot of fun.
[signature]
can I play?[angelic]

sounds like the good times are rollin again... keep us advised and take a pic if you get the chance...
[signature]
I sure will take lots of pics. Just got a new digital camera with flash. Excellent for night pics on the big boats or piers.

You can come and join us if you'd like. I'll let you know the detail as they are decided upon. From the looks of it right now, it should be in the later part of August.
[signature]