Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non -Tradional baits
[cool][crazy] Whats the most non-traditional bait you have used to catch fish ?

Mine would be a red rubberband , while we were fishing for tuillipees and did'nt have any grubs !! Walleyeteaser and I caught them , and also walleye and perch too !

[signature]
[Wink]I've caught bluegills and bullheads with gum on a hook!![cool]
[signature]
Nothing non traditional yet here...

but I guess I have to go try so I can post something. [unsure]
[signature]
i pretty much stick with lures been thinking of try spam for catfish though as a 118# on was caught on a chunk of it
[signature]
I've caught Cats on hot dogs. They also hit a trout bait a couple times also.
[signature]
caught a catfish (I think, I was a kid with my dad) on a hunk of Ivory soap bar. Have also caught some fish on half chewed bazooka bubble gum. But the weirdest thing I have ever used was a Booger...I know you think its funny but it snot. Really, I was at the gorge fishing for small trout from shore near camp, asked my 5 year old what to use since it was time for a change, she suggested I pull one out of my nose and hook it....I did with a chunk of worm....at worked caught a small rainbow, maybe 14 inches, on the "bait" and ate him for dinner...just realized that makes me a snot eater..LOL..needless to say noone else would eat the fish...reckon the bait was too much for them, but that trout liked it. he really sucked it up. he was a slimy one eating a slimy one....I could do this for days..but I wont.

Laters,
[signature]
HAHAHAHA Badfish! ooooooooo I see why you have that username!

I was rolling laughing that - ha ha ha!

YOU WIN! LOL[sly]

so... has anybody ever tied bellybutton fuzz on a flyrod?
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]I once read about tying flies with some velcro strips to catch gar. When I moved to Tucson Arizona, I began fishing a lot in the Sea of Cortez, south of the border. Some areas were infested with needlefish...long, skinny buggers with long bony jaws full of teeth. They would shred plastics without ever getting the hook. They also stripped the finish of some expensive hardbaits.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Before one trip, I tied up both some jigs and some flies using white velcro in the body. You guessed it, I landed quite a few of those hard-fighting and high leaping tooth machines. See the pic.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]A lot of the ones I had on for a couple of jumps, would manage to get rid of the flies, but I got the best of the fight out of them first. And, I didn't have to get them too close to me or the tube.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've caught both bluegill and small trout on a bare hook!
[signature]
as a kid , gills on dried peices of cow pies [Tongue] , no fooling either !
[signature]
I've caught them bluegills on bare hooks, holding the hooks about half an inch above the water! Them buggers were hungry I guess.

The craziest catch for me was hooking into someone elses tangles and broken fishing line. There was a fish on the end of the broken line and I got to claim it!
[signature]
A Burger King French Fry with extra salt. I caught 2 carp and a bluegill!

I entered one of the carp in the 16 species contest. it was a jumper too!
[signature]
Your not alone DDR!
Same thing happend to me last year. I was fishing the missouri river and I casted out and was reeling in and when my lure got to shore to my amazment, their was a hole walleye setup- a bottom bouncer, snap swivel and a jig PLUS a 17" walleye! That was pretty cool. I unhooked the walleye and let it go and kept the gear[cool]
[signature]
That's one of the benefits of C&R. You aren't required to release any extra tackle that you may come across.[cool]
[signature]
BF,, thats just plain sick and wrong!! But I like it,, LMAO!![laugh]

A bit over a year ago my brother caught two Bows on a small piece of clip while Ice fish. Several years ago a friend of mine got goofy and hung a chunk of a Big Mac hamburger under a bobber and caught a 18 inch Walleye.. Me, I dont get that lucky.
[signature]
I once caught a 3 lb. rainbow trout on one of my wife's old beaded ear rings. Just stuck a hook on it and it was on![cool]
[signature]