Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mama Coot gets her MONSTER Tiger Musky … WITH PICS
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As you can tell from the title, mama Coot gave me yet another chance to prove myself as a qualified net man. And this time I got the thumbs up from her.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We launched this morning at Pinvew at 6:30 and by 7:00 we were having a our own memorable photo shoot. After launching we headed straight across to Browning Point and started trolling. Just as we were going around the south side, mama Coot tells me she's got another big one. I asked "You sure it ain't a snag? … "It's NOT a snag" she says. "Are you sure? … Is it fighting?" YES I'M SURE … NOW, WILL YOU GET THE [#ff0000]BIG[/#ff0000] NET. "Yes MAM" I quickly answered. Just as the last musky she caught, she did a fantastic job of getting it to the boat with her level line winch. This time, I didn't screw up … used a big enough net and did my part.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]With the monster in the cradle net and resting quietly in the water, we all caught our breath and I got the camera ready.[/size][/font]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5403;]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]It measured 43.5 inches on our Gator Grip measuring board [/size][/font][url "http://www.gatorgrip.com/redfish-bluwater-measuring-boards.html"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]http://www.gatorgrip.com/redfish-bluwater-measuring-boards.html[/size][/font][/url]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5400;]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We don't know how much it weighed because it easily pegged my 25 lb. scale. This one was a lot fatter than the 44 inch one that I caught last year. Mrs. Coot wants to know if any of you could tell her how much most 43-44 inch tiger muskys weigh. (Nomoose, you wouldn't happen to have that info would you?)[/size][/font]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5402;]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]In it's mouth was a HUGE lump … about the size around of a golf ball and about 3 inches long. It was raw on top where the teeth in the roof of it's mouth had been rubbing. It looked like some kind of wound that never healed but just got bigger and bigger. I felt sorry for the ole boy.[/size][/font]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5401;]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Of the best 4 or 5 days I have ever had on the water fishing, this has to be right up there on the top. I felt soooo bad last time when I knocked off mama Coot's first musky. I figured I would never get another chance to redeem myself. But the fish gods were smiling on us today. We can now check off one of this year's three goals I hoped to achieve. Another one is to get a pic of Mrs. Coot holding up her first big Bear Lake mackinaw.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks for getting up so early this morning mama Coot. You sure made my day. Will you marry me … again?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Congrats to both of you! Beautiful fish [Smile]

I've yet to try Musky fishing, what did you catch it on?
[signature]
Great job you two COOT"S. I still have to redeem myself with Yper Jr. Was there many boats up there that early or had the zoo gates not opened.
[signature]
Wow nice musky. Congrats to the both of you, Mrs. Coot for landing it and Old Coot for successfully netting it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Fish-N-Fool ... She caught it on a perch patern Rapala.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yper ... By 7:30, the boat ramps were busy and the parking lot nearly full.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Congratulations to both of you, especially Mrs. Coot. That is one terrific fish! My guess is around 27 lbs based on the girth, but I might be a little light. That is one gorgeous fish. I posed the question over on Muskiefirst.com with a link to here, so we'll see what some of the muskie experts have to say.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey Coot, several congrats are in order. 1. Good fishing guide service. 2. Knowing how to take orders from the fisherman (person) in the boat. 3. Good netting job. 4. Loving release job. 5. Great pictorial story. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Yep. That's gonna be one of the all time greats in your rememberies.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]NICE FISH!! CONGRATS
[signature]
Fantastic. Thanks for the pics and post.
[signature]
[Smile][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Ralph ole buddy I told you that you were the best teacher, do you believe me now? Congrats on the great catch Mrs. Coot you have a Great partner. Old Coot , you and I still need to get up there for a Musky class of our own. Once again Great job you two.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish. what I came up with was 31 lbs. way to go.
[signature]
[Wink] Beauty. Way to go.

Some day I'll get up there.
[signature]
that is a toad! man i havn't even caught a muskie this year! nice fish.

JOe

aka utcatman
[signature]
Way to go -- nice fish!
[signature]
Great to see that! Way that go!!
[signature]
Congrats to Mrs. Coot . Nice fish and fine post .
[signature]
That is one awesome looking fish! Congrats on your catch![Smile]
[signature]
Way to go Mrs. Coot. I haven't tried fishing for muskies yet, but it sure looks like a ball to land a big one like that. I have to comment that you don't look as old in the picture as I had imagined you to be. Somehow I really thought that you and Old Coot looked like the picture at the bottom of your post. Thanks for the laughs. Acey
[signature]
[cool] Hey Old Coot and Mrs. Coot-

The consensus from the muskie board was somewhere between 25 and 27 lbs. One poster said lower and one higher. There were 5 responses with weight estimates. Any way you cut it, it was over 25 lbs. and one terrific fish!!!
[signature]
Awesome job Mrs. Coot! Good on ya for directing the net man, and good net man for listening[Wink][Wink]. Great fish guys and thank you for sharing!
[signature]