Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And The Dolphin Action Keeps On Rolling
Today was another half day of dolphin fishing. Dan Samuelsen and his father-in-law, Dave Good both from Illinois along with Dan's brother-in-law, Jon Good from Michigan had never been fishing in any kind of saltwater until today. Dan had read all about dolphin fishing and was eager to try it.

We headed offshore from Haulover Inlet with a good supply of small to medium pilchards. At 6 miles we stopped on a large raft of grass. The baits got hit immediately by some very small dolphin. We caught and released 6 fish and moved on. At 10 miles the dolphin juniors went out to troll in some heavy scattered grass with no action. At 14 miles, a frigate bird had us chasing it for about 20 minutes before it flew up so high we lost track of it. At 20.2 miles it was time to start heading back in without finding any birds or anything to fish to. It was beginning to look like one of those pay your dues day. At 18 miles more trolling in heavy scattered grass still gave us no action. At 16.8 miles we came upon a turned over hard bottom inflatable with the motor still attached. A private sportfishing boat had all anglers on board hooked up. They yelled over for us to come closer because there were plenty of fish and they had caught all they needed. Throwing out two baits where we had stopped, got us instant action. Dan, Dave, and Jon were all hooked up and doing the dolphin weave and bob as they followed their fish around the boat. As soon as I gaffed one, another was hooked up with ease. All the fish were in the 6 - 10 pound class. When they moved on, we went back to the upside down inflatable and got back into the fish again. In between dolphin bits, we also caught a 3 pound bluerunner and a very large triggerfish. When the action stopped, it was time to start heading shoreward again. Another mile of running and Dan spotted a piece of wood. Out went a bait and in came the peanut size dolphin again. We caught and released 6 fish and moved on.

The morning passed by very quickly and back at Spinnaker Marina, as the eight dolphin were being cleaned, jack crevalles, mangrove snappers, and a 50 pound tarpon put on a show at the shaded cleaning station. The dolphin fillets were headed to the kitchen and a feast was being planned.

Summing up the morning, 20 fish were caught with 8 fish being kept. If this kind of action sounds fun to you, give me a call and lets set up a date to get out and find them dolphin.

Captain Dave Kostyo
Knot Nancy Fishing Charters
305 620-5896 Charter
305 732-2628 Beeper
www.knotnancy.com
nkostyo@bellsouth.net
[signature]
Hye what are your rates? Every year i go to miami to visit my family.
[signature]
Ocean,

My rates are as follows:

Half Day $340
3/4 Day $425
Full Day $525
Evening Tarpon
Jan - June Same rates as above
Swordfish $650

These are my current rates and are subject to change. I do require a $100 deposit to hold a date and reservations are required. Please check my website at www.knotnancy.com for more info and if you have other questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.

Thanks,
Captain Dave Kostyo
[signature]