Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek Res. 7-30,31-04
Took the family up for some camping and fishing fun. The bottom line is the fishing was red hot.

I was fishing from a tube and tried just about everything and it all caught fish but I had the best luck fishing shallow areas in the mornings with a black bodied and gold bladed Panther Martin but best of all was drifting with the wind in the afternoon trailing a small tube jig tipped with a piece of worm. I was out with my 6 year old daughter today and I lost track of how many doubles we had and I actually ran out of worms even though I was only using about an inch long piece at a time. Very fun for the kids. At one point she actually said, "Dad will you reel my fish in for me? I need a break."

Most of the fish were 8-12" but we caught a few larger up to 16". Most of our fish were caught near the surface regardless of water depth although there were fish deeper.

FM
[signature]
Good to hear you and your gang did so well. I road up to Currant Creek yesterday and lauched my Tube at the inlet at day break. I was flipping Vibrex, and it was nearly none stop action for smaller Cuts.
[signature]
Yep, I did the same thing on Friday but Saturday I was down towards the dam, otherwise we might have bumped into each other. I was thinking that with the number of people up there there might have been other BFT folks around.

FM
[signature]
LOL,, yeah,, Saturday it was about as busy as I've seen it. With the Archery hunt coming I was thinking alot of folks spent the first couple of hours just after day break scoping Bulls & Bucks, then dropped down to the lake to fish.
[signature]