Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympics
Can you beleive it....

USA metal after metal....

no they are not taking them all, but are taking a fair share...

and ya just gotta love Carlie Patterson... even with a rough day today, I have been watching the trial since they began, and yesterday she had a couldnt miss day... nailed every thing... today was rough but she pulled out of the slump to pull off the silver with the team effort for the US Olympic Gymnastics Team...

the romainian gals they were just a pleasure to watch, using the stradigy of the tortus slow and steady wins the race, they pull off the gold...

there were no slouches on the russian team tho' the battle for the bronze with china would have been a knock down drag out fight had not one of the gals landed on her face on the un even bars... fortunatly she was not hurt.

well you may know by now what my favorite game at the olympics is.

now that the team events are over the individual events will begin tomarow...

I will be watching for my favorite "Carlie" from texas to come home with a gold, she has some tough compitition ahead of her. from what I have seen she has the talent, she just needs to hold it together....
[center][Image: 5016746_320X240.jpg][/center] [center] [/center] [center][url "http://www.nbcolympics.com/carlypatterson/index.html#"][Image: 5017923_200X150.jpg][/url][/center]

O' ya any one catch the womans volly ball play offs? Those gals rock!!!...

any one check out the mens 400 relay? Outstanding. the usa took the gold from alstralia by .013 of a second... ya talk about reaching for the gold>>>>>>

can ya belive all the contry records being broken not to mention world records being broken, and some broken by those who set them....

Man I can wait for the winter games... I just love the down hill slolums and ice skating compititions. lets not forget the ludge....

go here for the total metal count...
[url "http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/index.html?qs=1"]http://www.nbcolympics.com/medals/index.html?qs=1[/url]
[signature]
Its official, Carly Patterson takes gold in the all around womens gymnastics..... A ledgend in her own time.

for those of you who had been following her progress over the last several months can attest to her greatness. she is a pleasure to watch because she looks like she is having so much fun...

she came from 8th place after the first of 4 rotations (4 events) to claim the gold.... She had me holding my breath there for a moment... (a long moment)[url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url]

I can not even emagin the amount of work it took for her to get to the gold. but from what I hear it has been a 10 year treck starting at a frends birthday party...
[center] [url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] Congradulations Carly [url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][/center]
[signature]
I'm not a huge gymnastics fan however, last nights performance was awesome.. What is she 16? Amazing!![url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url]
[signature]
ya I thing she is about 16,

the tv station seemed to think is was pretty good as well, they showed the entire event again later in the evening.
[signature]
Hello I am Mike and I am an OlympicAholic!

I sure am having blast watching them
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I guess so, I hear you moved to a town where there is an Olympic training center...

well I know you are to old for the world olympics and to young for the sinior olympics, that leaves the kids... do they have any notions? just think of the fishing you can get in inbetween compitions all over the world....
[signature]
The US is rocking this year. All the countries are doing a good job and have sent some good talent for the competions.

I noticed that the US was sweeping the majority of the running events. Mens and Womens.

Way to go USA!!!
[signature]
ya they are,

I was watching the rolly polly guys last night dong the stong man lifts. I get to call them rooly pollys be cause they are roller and poller than me... lol

I look like I am caring a pony keg next to these guys... [url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

dont let them kegs fool any one, there is a lot of strenth in them big ol' gut mussles. Befor my axident I used to pick up 250 - 300 pound parts by hand off the floor and place them on the work table. now I am doing good to lift my own 200 pound can...[url "javascript: addTag('shocked')"][shocked][/url] except if I think there might be a fish in it for me....[url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]
[signature]