Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishslayer/Alex
Hey, Thankyou (Fishslayer) and (Alex)...Got to looking at the Swimbaits you were talking about and I'm impressed, and I believe they might do good here on the Texas coast. I feel like they will do well in the lakes on stripers,whites, and hybrids, might even catch a bass or two....I ordered, 3" Hammers, gonna use spinning gear with 1/8 & 1/4 oz heads. Man!!! I am totally amazed at the selection of colors, it will take me a year to get all the colors I want to try, nothing like that around here. Maybe I'll be throwing something the fish ain't seen much of .... Ssor, how often do you make it down to Texas? Maybe we can talk some fish and drink some ice tea.<br><br>
scoobie2,<br>If the finances hold up and my health is ok I plan on being on the Island for the beginning of April in the spring. Planning on two weeks or longer. Property Taxes kill me so I keep my home Rented most of the time. <br>It may be rented when I go down so I will plan on taking the tent. Won't matter much to me as most of my time I will be on the piers or the jetty rocks. There is a festival planed during my stay and I want to attend it. It is the Sandfest. <br>That Ice Tea is my way to go. That with the sea breeze makes for a great way to relax.<br>As the time gets shorter I will give an update to the plans so all that want to come down and join me will have an Idea where and when to find me. <br>HAY!! when you are fishing the gulf from a pier don't forget to try one of them hammers. I have herd they work great on them specks. If you are going for them big reds there are alot of great places to wade fish on the back side of the Island. Right now the specks and the reds are in full swing. If you get the chance go and get them before they move out. <br>I plan on a couple days just before I head back to try to land a nice hammerhead or two off the end of eather the BobHall or Caldwell piers.[Smile]<br>I have been working on DaveTclown to make the trip with me as he has never had the privlage of fishing the saltwater.<br>Remember it is planned for the first part of April.[Smile]<br> <br><br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher &lt;*(())))))))))&gt;{<br><A HREF="http://www.studentpcsonline.com" target="_new">http://www.studentpcsonline.com</A>