Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swap out those Trebles
When I wrote about the Wahoo fishing in Guam, I failed to mention some important info about those Yo Zuri lures. Obviously, they come with trebble hooks on them, and I never really trolled "liped" lures before until I got to Guam. When I changed the treble hooks on them out with double shank hooks, the lure's action went from workable to spazz out. I was amazed. I'm not shure what all sizes the double shank hooks come in, but if they made them small enough, I bet they would kick some serious booty on some bass lures too. (just a thought, I don't bass fish) Or, even on the smaller saltwater lures, gotcha plugs and etc... The only thing I can figure is that the third hook on a trebble pulls the back down, acting kinda like a spoiler. With it gone, just the two sanks of to the side simply act like an extra set of fins, and actually aid in the lures action. Ofcourse, for you guys that use lures like the Marauder and etc..., this won't help you, they come with double shank hooks. But, for everone else, regardless of if you're trolling for wahoo, or chunking a gotcha plug for blues or spanish mackeral, this will bring up your numbers, I promiss.
[signature]
Hey there Tarpon4me,

Depending on the species fished for and the size/type of lure and fishing method, another adjustment that can be made is to just have one hook on the last hook position.

JapanRon
[signature]