Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BREW REVIEW
[size 1]Tonight I am sampling a seasonal Beer [#ff8000]POST ROAD [#ff8000]PUMPKIN[/#ff8000] ALE[/#ff8000][#000000].[/#000000]
it pours well with a decent head and Hoppy flavor with a distinct hint of [#ff8000]pumpkin[/#ff8000] flavor and a hint of spice clean spicy aftertaste and a pleasant nose.Darker in color then a lager [#000000]and very pleasing to the pallette I give this one 2 [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] This one is brewed in New England [/#000000][/size]
[signature]
Well Hutch I did try a blueberry wheat beer made in Vermont that was good. But I don't know about Pumkin [crazy] Seems that you want to get this idea going so now I'm forced to cruise the beer coolers for tasty treats. [Wink] I'll let you know what I find.
[signature]
Cruise away and post a review of your findings the good thing about this is the research is fun I had a cherry wheat beer a few weeks ago and didn't like it tasted like cough syrup now lets see what will I try tonight thats the only hard part is deciding which one to try there are so many now its a tough job but someone has to do it[cool]
[signature]
Otter Creek Pale Ale: Nice frothy head. It has a slight taste of bitters, but a smooth tasteing pale ale. Appears to have a nutty after taste. Organic with no preservatives. Dated on bottle. I would buy it again. I thought alcohol was enough to preserve it.[Wink]
[signature]
Last night I had SARANAC INDIA PALE ALE if you like a strong Hops flavor then you'll love this one it has a thick creamy head and a clean aftertaste and contrary to its name its not pale in color has a dark amber hue I give this one 3 [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif]

I also tried SARANAC CAREMEL PORTER it has a strong caremel flavor not sweet but the caremel takes over the beer its brown in color but not flovored like a dark beer the caremel is overbearing
I would't go out to buy this one but would turn down a free one
I give it 1[Image: beerchug.gif]
[signature]
I'll cruise the coolers again this weekend and let you know how I make out.Guess I won't try the caremel porter, thanks for the tip. Over 7000 members there must be more than two guys that fish and have a beer. COME ON GUYS PUT IN YOUR TWO BOTTLE CAPS WORTH.
[signature]
Tasted a JW Dundee's Honey Brown Lager last night. It has a good head and VERY smooth taste for a dark beer. No after taste or bitters. Almost like a light beer of dark beers. This one gets three thumbs up.[Smile][Smile][Smile] You also get two of their Pale Ales for free.
[signature]
Thanks for that info it sounds like a good one to try I couldn't try any this past weekend or next due to the fact that I am working night these two weekends but next week its back on days and well lets just say WOOOHHOOOOO
[signature]
Hi guys, I forwarded an email I received about beer, you may want to get your selves on thier mailing list in case you are not already on the list.
[signature]
Could you send it again I didn't get it
Thanks
[signature]
I just resent it. at 6:03 pm... let me know if it shows up....
[signature]
got it Thanks
[signature]
Well I have the day off tomorrow so I hit the Beer cooler on my way home tonight and saw a new one MAGIC HAT #9 NOT SO PALE ALE
brewed from a secret recipe at magic hat breweries in Vermont well they can keep the secret as long as they like this didn't taste like beer at all there was an overbearing aroma and taste of a flowery perfume that stayed with you long after the beer was gone by my third one I couldn't take it anymore and ran down to the basement fridge and popped open a GROLSH to kill the flower taste of the magic hat well it took several bottles of GROLSH to finally kill the bad aftertaste I give this one a[Image: upck.gif]
[signature]
Thank god for back up brew. [Wink] The forecast here for sat. is 38 and breezy, so I'll be trolling the coolers this weekend. Made 5 gals of wine sat. and will make another 5 this weekend. Wife says I have to have red wine every night for the heart. God bless her.[Smile]
[signature]
Tonight I'm trying LAYLA Dirty Blonde Lager this one is brewed in Isreal the label says its brewed with water from some ancient deep source Its pretty good its a darker Lager with a pleasing taste not bitter not sweet just right I would recomend this one and give it 4[Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] clean tasting and pleasant aftertaste
[signature]
That seems to be the best yet. I'll see if I can find it over the weekend and sample a new one as well. Let ya know.
[signature]
Tonight I'm trying Yuengling Black and Tan[black] brewed in Pennsylvania in the oldest brewery in America this brew is a mixture of their premium lager and their dark porter (the original black and tan is a mixture of stout and ale) but this is a nice change its not as strong tasting as one made with stout but there is a strong malty flavor its very dark in color with a pleasant aftertaste and its already mixed for you the traditional B&T you must mix yourself its a good choice for the cooler weather I'll give this one 4[Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif] [Image: beerchug.gif][/black]
[signature]
I saw the Black and Tan on the shelf but picked up a Vermont Ale to try. Now I'll have to pick one up. SOOOOO many beers , to little time.[Wink]
[signature]
I picked up LongTrail Harvest made in Vermont. It's a dark ale that doesn't have much head. Light aroma with a smooth taste. Nice after taste. 17 malt and hops are used to blend this. Give it [Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
gimme an old style at wrigley field, and another at cubbie bears after the game

[cool]

sm
[signature]