Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wooden Bluegill crankbait
I'm in the process of designing a wooden Bluegill crankbait.I've had a few requests this bait.
How many of you would find this type of bait useful for Bass,Muskie or Pike fishing?
The bait will have a photo-finish and will be approx. 5 in. long,and about 2 in. tall...Nathan
[signature]
That sounds like a good lure for the LMB in my area. Do you have any pictures of what you have made?? [cool]
[signature]
Nathan,
That sounds pretty good, but to me 5 inches seems pretty long for a crankbait. In my opinion it sounds more like a swimbait. I would like to see a picture though when you are through with one (you never know I'll buy anything[Wink]).
[signature]
My web. addi is [url "http://www.bettencourtbaits.com"]www.bettencourtbaits.com[/url] I'm still working on proto- types of the lure,but should have a completed lure done in a couple weeks....so far I'm pretty excited about the looks of this lure...we'll see what the fish think!!..Nathan
[signature]
I've been to your sight before and am impressed with the custom lures you produce, I especially like that rat you make[Wink]. Making custom lures is truly an art, I hope when I am older and retired I can give luremaking a try!
[signature]
Thanks for the compliments Buzz....If your interested in making lures(any kind) you should check out [url "http://www.tackleunderground.com"]www.tackleunderground.com[/url] There are forums there for every kind of bait you'd want to make.Everyone there is very helpful,and supportive.
As for a crankbait/swimbait..I tossed that one around too...I'm not really sure what the dividing line is.With some people you say swimbait,they automatically think soft plastics...Nathan
[signature]
Those are pretty cool nathan. I also like the Rodent. The Flure types are especially nice as well. Way to go on genius and creativity. I will definitely place and order with you on a few of your specimens.[cool]
[signature]
I've been there a few times myself. For some reason, everybody likes your rat! Thought about picking that one up myself.

This bluegill idea of yours would probably do some damage on the pike and muskie around here.
[signature]
Well guys,the first proto's are posted at my site. www.Bettencourtbaits.com I'm still working on the tail,and I have figured out how to make them look like the rest of the body.
They should be ready to go by Feb....Nathan
[signature]
That's a good lookin' bluegill. Approximately how much movement do you expect out of the tails on your trout and bluegill?
[signature]
Hey Nathan. Those things look awesome. I can't wait till you have some on the market. I would sure get a couple of those.

Thanks for the latest information.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks guys..The tail sections have good movement,and the Trout clacks while swimming from the sections hitting each other...Nathan
[signature]