Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 12-18
After draggin my corpse out of the sack at 5am I swag in and my buddy hopped onboard for the trip to the all might Scofield. After reaching the ice on the wheeler followed closely behind by Hilton we quickly picked a spot and set the Hilton up and fired up the portable sun. BTW, Santa had arrived early and I was looking forward to punching a few holes with my new 10" Power Lazer. All I can stay is Santa treated this old bird right! Me likes that Lazer, yes me do!

Our first stop produced a fast bow and several good strikes but within an hour or so we hitched up the Hilton and headed for cleaner ice. (Some of you might have seen the large single story brown rambler traveling fully errect behind the wheeler acrossing the pond. Guess who?).

Our next stop was our last, the J.
I wouldnt say the action was extremely fast all day there, in fact, I wasnt to impressed with the first two stikes, they scored a grand 9" each. But the rest of the day proved much better and we iced plenty 15 - 17 inches bows to make the day fairly interesting. Even kept a couple to introduce to the oven and lemon pepper seasoning.. We drew their attention early with Boogers, Crickets or small tubes, tipped with crawler and/or eggs. Later we spoiled them with the M's (clean).
[signature]
great report dude.. i was just thinking of headding up and trying the J area.. has there been very many people out there in that area? or is it mostly clean ice?

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
Ron. Mostly clean other than a few yellow spots I marked the hot holes with for ya. HA![laugh]
[signature]
So what does the M in your statement mean? "Later we spoiled them with the M's (clean)"
[signature]
Sorry WH2.. "M" means minnows, "clean" basically means threaded and/or weightless
[signature]