Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2/5/05 Report
Sorry this report is so late -- had trouble getting the pictures off of the digital. Fished Strawberry with Tincanfsh and my grandson. They caught a few and I didn't get skunked. I need to get an ice fishing rod with more backbone, so that I get to reel the trout further than three feet before they get off! Here are a couple pictures of my grandson with fish:
[inline "116_1644 (Custom).JPG"]

[inline "116_1637 (Custom).JPG"]

Here is a nice one that Billy caught:
[inline "116_1640 (Custom).JPG"]

Here is a fish similar to ones that others have described. It is amazing that it was still alive, and seemed healthy:

[inline "116_1643 (Custom).JPG"]

Billy spares no expense when it comes to buying fishing tackle! He said something about "accidentally" leaving his son's fishing rod in his sled, and I almost believed him until he started reeling fish in on it. (LOL)[Tongue]

[inline "116_1646 (Custom).JPG"]
[signature]
Better late than never.

FishCrazy and I fished strawberry today (2-12-05). FishCrazy took his snowmobile along so we could fish an area on the other side of the reseviour from the strawberry boat ramp. The bite was on right from the start and kept up untill 2:30 when we left. We both where a little rusty at first loosing more that we caught. We ended up landing 30 or so cutts, 1 was under the slot and the rest where in the slot. There was about 1 foot of new snow on the ice.
[signature]
Must have been using SCOOBYSNACKS on the end of that line! LOL

I would have been happy being skunked with a fun crowd like that. Time with family and friends is priceless!

Thanks for the pic's and report Kent.
[signature]
Great report Kent.
I have two rods that I really like. An ugly stick that I use 90% of the time and an Eagle Claw that has all the backbone you could ever ask for. The ugly stick is just sensitive enough that I don't use a wire indicator, but the Claw needs one on it for sure! I like 6# line for both,
Dale.
[signature]
Kent, thanx for the report. Those fish sure are crazy with the two mouths!! Do you think that they feed with both of them? I wonder if both of them are hooked up to the rest of the pipes? Which mouth did he take the jig in? Jake
[signature]
I have caught a few of them at Strawberry. Makes me wonder if someone is being malicious. They do not look like they were born that way, they look like someone cut them that way with a knife.
[signature]
I have caught a few like that also and had one rip on me from a lure too . I set the hook on a rainbow once that hit a dry fly I ripped the Tongue right out of it . I caught it again in the same hole months later and it was feeding just fine by its size . I really didn't mean too .
[signature]