Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need tent trailer advice
My wife and I are in the market for a tent trailer. We don't want anything too fancy and we don't have anything with a lot of power to tow with (reason for a tent trailer). I would like a little advice from anyone who has owned or does own one, on what I should look for. Are they worth the time to look into? How is maintenance? Could I pull it with a 6 banger? If you have the time and any information I would apprecitate your help.

Thanks,
Hawkez
[signature]
I had one for a summer. Pulled fine with my 6 banger S-10. Doesn't work well with a standard when climbing steep hills, clutch started to slip going over Parleys. A autoxmission worked great. One thing I found out was to make very sure to level it up. It was very important for the door to fit properly. After I got rid of it, my friend put hydrolic leveling jacks on it and it worked out a lot better. I had no real complaints, but then it had TLC its whole life. I only had it for a summer while testing it out before I wanted to buy it, then the guy decided not to sell. HAd fun though. Good luck
[signature]
My brother has had one for years and pulled it with a 6 cylinder minivan. Maintenance has been almost zero. And they have really used it alot. I think his is 10 years old now. I think it would be worth your time to look around. You can find them really simple up to full hookups.
[signature]
Tent trailers can be really great. I have a 1998 camplite that's about as deluxe as they come(shower,toilet,forced air furnace,indoor/outdoor stove, slide out dining area, awning etc...) and have really enjoyed it. The later year models are very well built and don't have the problems that some of the older ones did. They are a dream to pull and don't require much effort to set up. You should definatley check into them.
[signature]
I just saw one for $1600 on www.rockymountainextreme.com (utah's rockcrawling website) in the "yard sale" section. Ad said it worked good. FYI.
[signature]