Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Berry on Saturday 3/26
I'm hitting the berry saturday morning. I was thinking about the mosquito bay area. anyone else planning on going up? Let me know and we could "hook" up.[Wink] So far, I'll be fishing alone. (makes the picture taking a little tougher you know....)
[signature]
I may be taking a few guys up on Saturday morning. We'll likely fish near the Marina, as far out as we can trudge with snow shoes.
But I'll try to yell at you on the radio, if you'll have one with you. Channel 12 okay?
Good fishin'!
[signature]
yeah I'll bring the radio. Are you planning on walking south toward haw's point or east toward the ladders? (or other?) Has anyone heard how much new snow has fallen up there this week? It'll probably be snowshoes for sure...
[signature]
Kastmaster and I will probably be up there Saturday morning as well and I was considering Mosquito bay also. It depends on the snow. We did well on our last trip to the marina and may wimp out and fish there if the elements are rough. Kastmaster has a radio, give us a shout out.
[signature]
A friend of mine was there Sunday, and said 6" fell while they were there. I was going to call the Marina tomorrow and ask them how much snow was now on the ground. Kind of get a feel for how bad it might be. I wanted to haul the 4-wheeler up, but I won't bother if it's too deep. But snow shoes are a life saver!
I'll post snow depth tomorrow, after I've called up there.
[signature]
Just called the marina. They have got a foot of new powder the last 2 days on top of the 4 inches that was already there when I was fishing on tuesday. Prob more to come today, tonight, and tomorrow. So if you are on foot it is going to be rough going without snowshoes especially if you are planning on crossing the meadow area through the campground to get to mosquito bay. May be Ok if someone with a snowmobile has packed down a trail for you. The main marina will be a better bet and it hasn't been very crouded the last few saturdays. Everyone is getting out of ice fishing mode. Good luck to those of you that go.
[signature]
Hey d-mack,

Not sure yet, but I might join ya Saturday. Mosquito bay definitely seems to produce better than the marina side, but that hike is a real killer if you sink into the snow. Monday before last I iced 42 cuts there in about 4 hrs fishing by myself. Then I went with my Dad to the marina last Saturday, moved around a bunch, tried all kinds of lures/baits and only caught 12 between the two of us.

Mosquito is a bugger to get to on foot, but if you want to have hot fishing it's a much better bet.
[signature]
Me and FishLuvr are probably going to go up early Sat if you want some company...I haven't fished it in almost 3 mos so I'm not sure where we are going to be fishing I just want to get out one last time before I shift to the Gorge for the rest of the season. It would be a great time to get alot of BFT'er's to go up and hang together.
Let me Know
SOCKEYESLAYER
[signature]
d-mack,

I might be going Saturday, won't know for sure til tomorrow. I fished Mosquito bay last Saturday and caught 30 fish by noon. I'll post tomorrow if I can make it and maybe we can hook up.
[signature]
Thanks for calling, and the snow depth report. Sounds like snow shoes are going to be a hot commodity!
[signature]
UintaIce,
Unless the wind blows all that new snow off the ice you better leave the wheeler at lower elevations! You'll spend more time getting unstuck than fishing! The weather forcast said expect 2-3 feet of snow between monday and friday at higher elevations and it sounds like we are on our way to getting that.....

Wish I could go fishing with everone going up on saturday. Sounds like an informal BFT party at Strawberry! My wife has an family easter egg hunt planned instead...... HO HUM[Sad] Do you think I could convince them to have the easter egg hunt out on the ice hinding the eggs in the new powder?????

Fishluvr- Did you get those snow shoes finished so you can use them this saturday???
[signature]
Exactly!!! That thing will be useless. We're going with the snow shoes, and see how far out we can manage before the ol' guy (me!) tuckers out!
But we'll be on the radio.
[signature]
[reply]
Thanks for calling, and the snow depth report. Sounds like snow shoes are going to be a hot commodity! [/reply]
I'll be taking mine for sure! I've decided on mosquito bay and will be there @ 6:00am. Radio tuned to channel 12. Be there or be ....somewhere else![cool][cool]
[signature]
How early are they doing this easter egg hunt? I talked my wife into letting me have half the day for fishing and haven't been in a month so I am hurting.

No I didn't get a chance to make the snow shoes but I may try out those white ones I showed you. Did you want the snow shoe pictures I took or did I get them to you already. Let me know if you want them. Leave me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll get you the pictures.
[signature]