Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay Area Fishing Report
[size 6][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay Area [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 6]Fishing Report[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Captain Charles Walker[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]11/10/02[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]The wind has really kicked my behind this week. My old adage about weather forecasters has been proven true again. Always add the two numbers they give you for wind speed and you will know the truth. If they tell you it will be 5-10 mph add it together and you know it will be at least 15 on the water. If they say 10-15 you can rest assured that offshore it will be 25 mph with 5-8 foot seas. We did manage to catch some grouper though, along the ship’s channel closer in. Unfortunately no kings for my boat because we just couldn’t stay out in the rough seas during the end of the week and over the weekend. Lots of other good fishing is happening as you will read below.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]On to the bait house reports:
Ruskin Bait and Tackle - 813-641-2325 – Grouper have been caught around the reefs in the Bay and in the ship’s channel. Mangrove snapper have started biting again and the snook are really biting well, fattening up for the winter.
Buddy’s Bait and Tackle on the Courteney Campbell Causeway in Tampa[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 813-287-1026 – Snook are biting in the evening and reds are being caught on the flats by anglers using pinfish and select shrimp. Fishing at the big bridge was a little slow this week but should pick up with the tide changes in the coming week.
Trappman’s Bait and Tackle on Gandy Blvd in St. Petersburg[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 727-579-1414- Sheepshead have really turned on this week. Pompano are still biting well right at the end of the bridge. Jacks are biting like mad and some reds are coming off the flats.
Don’s Dock on Madeira Beach[/font][font "Times New Roman"] - 727-391-3223- The kings and Spanish mackerel have been coming in on just about every boat this week. The area that we are getting the most talk about is still from the Betty Rose southwest to the 10 fathom wreck.
Pass-a-Grille Bait and Tackle on St. Pete Beach - 727-360-6606- Flounder are still coming in off our gas dock along with mangrove snapper a variety of other fish. Our offshore boats are bringing in grouper, mangrove snapper, king and Spanish mackerel
The Skyway Fishing Pier - 727-865-0668 and the south Skyway - 941-729-0117- A 30 inch gag grouper came in this morning from the south pier. We’ve had other grouper this week along with pompano, sheepshead, and mangrove snapper. Hopefully the water will clear up soon and the kings and Spanish mackerel will come back.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Folks, feel free to call any of the places in my report for more information, and be sure to tell them that you read about the fishing in their area in Capt. Charlie’s fishing report on the Internet.[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]If you want more information about fishing in the [/font][font "Times New Roman"]Tampa Bay area or wish to book a charter, simply e-mail me at captchas@flfish.com or if you wish to arrange a charter faster, call me at 727-546-7257. Be sure and visit my web site for lots more Tampa Bay Area fishing info at: [url "http://www.floridasaltwater.com/"][#0000ff]http://www.floridasaltwater.com[/#0000ff][/url] .[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Good fishing and tight lines,[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]Capt. Charlie[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"]http://www.flfish.com[/font]
[signature]