Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Ice
Almost totally gone .
[signature]
Some pics . Lost a big bow on my first cast . Caught about 14 slotters today . Bryants Fork , Jakes , Mud creek ,Ladders and Sage creek still had ice but should be gone quickly . I fished Mackinaw Bay and watched all the ice disappear before my eyes . Notice the boat in the background on Mackinaw bay pic . It must of come from the soldier Creek side . The Bay marina had about 4' of ice piled up on it . Shouldn't be long now .
[signature]
Thanks for the up date HA69.
[signature]
Great report Randy. Those are some nice looking cutts.

As thick as the ice was and as good as it was holding up I am surprised that the ice is almost gone. Can't wait to get the boat out on it.
[signature]
C'mon Randy, didn't you at least try to get out on the ice[Wink] Thanks for the update. It always amazes me how fast the ice comes off up there. One week it's barely peeling off the edges, and the next she is ice free!
[signature]
I gave it a thought but didn't bring a long enough plank . plus the wave action on the ice might of made me sea sick too . Those Maniacs sticks work good in the soft water too . Not just for ice fishing any more . LOL I was in search for any smallies in there but dang trout keep hitting it . I did bring in a big crawdad , so I did catch 2 species .
[signature]
Nice fish Randy. How did you rig those salty sticks? Weightless, drop shot, wacky? Don't tell me you texas rigged them! Where is the smallies when ya need them?[Wink] I'm going up today after mommies day celebration. I picked up some Maniacs at Riverdale Sportsmans yesterday it's killing me to go use them, even if it is for slimers. I picked up changeable craw, spring green craw, and the great looking predator color. They all look really good to me. Now it's time to learn how to use them with success.
[signature]
Weightless / flatlined / weedless . Tricky getting then hooked . Let them swim with it for a few feet before setting the hook . I missed a lot of them by setting the hook to soon or just pulled it out of there mouth . Predator color was working good . Twitching on the bottom slowly with 3" sticks .
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red] Hey Randy, great pix, can't wait to get the boat up there. Thanks for sharing.[/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000] AFDan52[/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]