Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike in Michigan - late July
My brother and I have always wanted to catch northern pike, but we live in the west where there aren't any. We're coming to Michigan on July 21st for a few days and are willing to drive pretty much anywhere within 4 hours of Detroit for a two-day fishing trip. Where can we be practically guaranteed the northern pike fishing trip of a lifetime? We are willing to hire a guide if we need to, and we would like a place with either a lodge, cabin, or motel right by the lake and rental boats nearby. Besides northerns, we'd love to catch some big smallmouth, some walleyes, and maybe even a muskie if possible. Don't care about trout, since we're up to our ears in trout out here.

Any guides out there can meet this need? Thanks.

Steve
[signature]
I moved this post to the michigan board....if some one has a posibility for you it will be here on the michigan board....

there is lots of prime pike fishing with in 4 hours driving distance of detroit. garenteed pike? never heard of such a thing. there are a few charters right out of the detroit river that can hook ya up with walleye and muskey even tiger muskies fishing from the river north in to lake st clair.

I will check around to see if any one here knows of a guide or an available cabin located near a good pike fishing lake.

Good luck....
[signature]