Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Ice????
Does anyone know for sure if there's safe ice now at Scofield, and how thick it is? I'm itching to go up myself, but it's a long way to go just to find it's not fishable yet. I want to see at least 3 or 4 inches of clear ice to feel secure enough to take my daughters along. Does that area near the dam freeze up early?
[signature]
its almost completley froze except the north east corner. everywhere else espceially by the dam is plenty froze. i dont know how thick the ice is. i just read a report thatis 4 inches or so on the south side
[signature]
[cool] YeeHAW!! I know where I'm headed this week. Thanks so much for the info!
[signature]
The report on UtahFishFinder says the ice is 4 - 4 1/2" thick and making a lot of noise. That means it's getting thicker. It expands and groans as new ice is formed.

The post also mentioned the rainbows were varied in size. Some planters and others up to about 16". The person who posted was fishing near a couple of other anglers and they were all using similar rigs: green attractor spoons with droppers and green ice flies with a small piece of worm. They were fishing in depths of about 12 to 15 feet.

The first few weeks after iceup are typically the best, and the fish hit a wider variety of offerings. As the snow cover gets deeper on the ice, and the oxygen level drops, the fish become more lethargic and more selective in what they want. The bites also become more tentative later in the season.

SO...GO GETTEM WHILE THEY'RE HOT....er, cold.
[signature]