Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cedar river
well i just returned from a canoe fishing trip down the cedar river here in gladwin .
deep holes , undercuts , log jams , small rapids , man this hidden jem has them all .
bad thing is that the bass has all but destroyed one of the best trout habitats i have ever come across .
one brown was fought for a few minutes compaired to the hundreds of smallies that hit anything and everything that was tossed out into the river .
gimmy the trout , the smallies can all head south as far as i'm concerned .
if you take this trip , bring plenty of deet , deer flys and skeeters had a feast on us after the sun passed to the west , from that point on it was a race to the car . by the welts and scratches i recived i'de have to say i lost .
[signature]
ya them mi state birds are feroshous this time of year.

down my way I have the skeeters deer flys noseums horseflys and sand fleas. I think the noseums are the worst, they bite when you turn out the light and try to get a nap...

if you got any big smallies you can send them my way... the water is worming up big time now, trout have headed for deaper waters and or hide near cold spring waters in rivers and lakes.
[signature]
taking a break is the only way to escape those lil' buggers , my youngest was the smart one of the bunch . my buddy (left side) was setting up a rod for his new bride .
the 4hcc made the trip without any leaks , but the paint job took a beating , plenty of treejams along the way .

"free corn " was a site we saw at fly camp , just thought i'de share the laugh with you .
[signature]
good to see the old bomber back on the water.

I thought you would have hit it up with sum rustioluium by now...

the paint job was in bad shape when I droped it off I am surprised it is holding up as good as it is, last time it was painted has to be at least 12 years, the new seats look great. did you put a new plug in the back?

Thanks for the pic.

did you tow it up the river?

ya know who would love a copy of the corn is Tubedude, he has an out house pic collection...
[signature]