Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air bladders for tube......
Hey all!!
I have come to the conclusion that after 6 years of diligent deflation and inflation and armor-alling my rubber bladders that it has become apparent that they need to be replaced. Where does one find bladders and such for not too much money, can I buy some tubes for sledding and use those? or do I need to get the ones from a outdoors store? (cabelas, sportsmans) is there any difference in the tire shop tubes and the ones at the store? thanks.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Chris, how high is up? We gotta know the make and model of your ride before we can chime in with any assistance.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If ya got a "round boat", then you have the option of buying a truck tube or a vinyl (or urethane) air bladder. If you have a Uboat or Vboat, you need to go either to the manufacturer or to one of the many companies that sell both tubes and accessories. I have links to quite a few different potential sources, but I gotta know where to start looking.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most inner tubes and air bladders are getting expensive...about $40 to $60 a copy. Depending on what you find, and how emotionally attached you are to your old model, you might consider jacking up the old one and putting a new one under it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lemme know whatcha got and I might be able to steer ya in the right direction.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat, Up is up...lol.
It is a Trouttrap ROUND tube with 2 bladders, one main thats round and fully inflated, the second is a smaller version that you tuck into the backrest folded in half then inflated about half or to the preferred lumbar stiffness for the "user" I think its more of a backup floater than anything, but it makes a great head rest for that mid kick nap.
so does it matter? I should just make the tire shop toss in a few tubes when I spend 700 bucks on tires and shocks right? right!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]From what I can dig up, Trout Trap tubes are no longer being made. No problem, anyway. The tube is a regular 20" truck tire tube. However, they are not as easily found as they used to be. More trucks are going tubeless.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You won't find truck tubes at any of the chain tire dealers. You need to go to the Yaller Pages and call some truck stops or tire places that advertise truck tires. Simply ask if they have 20" tubes, and how much. By the way, don't pay extra for radials. They won't get you any better mileage.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you find one and need help in "custom bending" the valve stem, let me know. I always liked to bend mine around to one side so it didn't stick straight up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That being said, if you gotta pay a whole lot for a new round tube, you should think about getting into a new Uboat design. Lots easier to get in and out, and easier to fish from too. If ya wanna get more serious about tubing, a good quality open front craft is well worth the bucks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]