Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Au Sable River
Last weekends trip below the dam was rather disapointing , one bump on a spawnbag was all i recived for the hours of cold drizzle i stood in . The guy next to me hauled in a 2" S.M.B. for his time on the river .
I had a guy walk up and started tightlining 5' from me , i had to resort to crossing his line several times to get the message across .
had a group come up and start throwing 2 oz. snagging leads all over the place , i cut there "lures" off and tossed them in the river whenever we got tangled up . i figure if the "lures " are illeagle in this state they should be banned from sale in this state , i sure am going to make sure any one of the snagging rigs i come in contact with goes into davy jones locker .
I'll be heading over again this weekend , i need a coho to post . this time it'll be hitting the holes before the van etten cut .
i'm setting up the treestand this afternoon , ground hunting with the bow is becoming a little bit hard with all the downed leaves . the bucks are into rutt and wandering all over , my jeeps front end is going into repair , luckely the hit was at low speed and the 6 point ran a good halfmile away from the impact across a farmfeild .
enjoy this weekend , it's suposed to be the last warm one we'll see for quite some time .
i'll post a pic or two of any of this weekends fish , i'm optimistic .
[signature]