Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Fishing Report For 2002
[size 3]You can tell that we are into the winter season. The wind has been blowing hard and the fronts are coming through at regular intervals. Warm clothing and strong stomachs are the order for the day.[/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]My last three trips have required some searching to come up with a decent catch. [/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]On Friday, we found dolphin [Smile] in the 140-210 foot range south of Fowey Light. They were coming through in small schools and they hung around long enough to catch several fish before they moved on. There were numerous frigate birds working the area and they were putting us on the fish. A sailfish crashed the party and gave us all a thrill.[/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]Sunday was family day on the big boat. The featured anglers were Kenny and Marty. Mom was along for moral support and Dad was there to help mate and fill in as an angler when the action got hot. We made the run to Triumph Reef and found some very pretty blue water but no current. Fishing was slow. Around 3 o’clock we started trolling dolphin juniors to try something different and to try and smooth out the bumps. Heading offshore, we came on to a weedline the likes of which I had not seen all summer. About every 200 yards trolling down this line we caught a few dolphin. Both boys were in their glory. It is just amazing how long faces [Sad] turn quickly in to Smiles [Smile] when the fish show up.[/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]That brings us to Monday, December 30, 2002. We fished hard, fought the rough seas, and came up on the short end. One bite [Sad][Sad] where the bait was chopped off behind the gills was our result on a half day trip. You can’t always have a grand and glorious report to make after every trip. The good thing is that there is always the next trip [cool] to look forward to.[/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]This will be my last report for 2002. It has been a great fishing year with loads of outstanding trips. I’d like to thank everyone who fished with me this year. I’m looking forward to more great trips in 2003.[/size]

[size 3] [/size]

[size 3]Captain Dave Kostyo[/size]

[size 3]Knot Nancy Fishing Charters[/size]

[size 3]305 620-5896 Charter[/size]

[size 3]305 732-2628 Beeper[/size]

[url "http://www.knotnancy.com/"][#800080][size 3]www.knotnancy.com[/size][/#800080][/url]

[url "mailto:nkostyo@bellsouth.net"][#800080][size 3]nkostyo@bellsouth.net[/size][/#800080][/url]
[signature]
Captain Dave,
I personaly want to thank you for a great year of informmation you have provided to the members of the BFT message boards. Your posted reports have been great all year long. I am looking forward to them in 2003. Your reports are a big help with your detailed information on what is biteing, where they are and when to go to find them. Again I say, Thank You!
[signature]