Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield?
I am headed up to Chesterfield this Saturday. I have never ice fished Chesterfield before, so could somebody please tell me specific baits and lures as well as a very productive area to fish and directions. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Everet
[signature]
I was just up there this last Monday. i wish I was going up there again this weekend. But any ways we fished closer to the dam in about 18 to 20 ft of water. We used power bait and night crawlers some on jigs and some on just jig heads. The fish are a good size. They really fight freat. Watch your poles carefully my brother in law was playing a fish when one of his poles got pulled in. It was funny to us but not to him. It seemed like every body around us were catching fish so any spot should be a good one. Be careful when going on or off of the lake the edged are a little soft especially with all of this rain. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Remember to take a camera.
[signature]
Barfuss probably gave you all the advice that you need but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. The fish in Chesterfield were all planted 3-6 months ago so they aren't the most difficult fish to catch. There will be a few fish pushing 18" and a quite a few over 15" so I would use tub jigs and ice flies in the 1"-2" range. I would tip them with a nightcrawler, wax worm, meal worm or power bait and apply scent to them often. The area around the dam should be good. to start with I would drill holes in different depths from 5' to 20'.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, if I go I will let you know how I do.
[signature]
That is the baits that I have been slaying the 1 1/2 yr old rainbows and some Kokes with at Montpelier Res. They've grown to 14+ inches with a 12 inch class following.

Hope you do well at Chesterfield. They're all going to have sore mouths after Crestliner and I get through with them on Friday.

Come on by and say hi Crestliner. I'll be the one with his line all tangled up.
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I are planning on being there tomorrow also. Any idea how thick the ice is? I hope you have some BFT decals out so we will know who is there, you should be able to see ours on our tackle boxes. WH2
[signature]