Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe Discussion Thread
Here is a thread just for any recipe discussion. As you already know, there is a thread too just for recipe requests. Please use that on to request any type of recipe that you would like.[cool]
[signature]
Tried a new one today. Caught a Carp in the Feather River and put it in a teriyaki brine. Then put in my smoker with fresh Cherry wood from my tree. Did not turn out very tasty. Next time I will try only simple brine.
[signature]
Carp from the Feather River can be gamey tasting at times. To help you neutralize the flavor it is always recommended to soak the fillets in Milk for at least 3 hours prior to any other preparation.

Give it a try. That has been my tried and proven method for many years.[cool]
[signature]
a guy once told me if you keep the carp alive and put in the tub in clean water overnight it'll sweeten up the meat and remove all the gamy taste. never tried it myself though.
[signature]
I havent heard of that before but it could be worth a try..[cool]
[signature]
I must say your all posts are amazing i really enjoyed your all post in yacht charters dubai & some time its really help full [cool]
[signature]
I would love try out your recipes. I feel those are really tasty. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]