Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Fork Ogden/Ogden Parkway
Decided to venture out today....got a late start at 2pm. I Drove up Ogden Canyon, pulled off the road and saw a few small fish rising sporadically. Continued up to the S. Fork. I didn't find any risers on the S. Fork, so a I had to fish nymphs. I have never had much success on this river, although I continue to pursue it. The only nymph I have had any luck with is a San Juan Worm, so San Juan with a midge trailer it was. Same story as always, I caught a total of three fish. Covered probably at least 5 good runs and holes, but that was it. It's such a beautiful little stream, but I just can't figure it out. Am I the only one? By the way, water was a bit off color, but not too high yet.

Well, I then fished the Ogden River Parkway near the mouth of the canyon on the way home. Nada!!! That somes it up....Has anyone fished the middle provo lately? What section has been fishing the best? Think I might head up tomorrow if anyone cares to reply.

Thanks and see ya

J
[signature]
I just started fishing the Ogden, so I do not know the South Fork from the North Fork. Last weekend I fished below Causey Dam, is this N or S? I only managed 2 fish, hairs ear and midge combination.

Hit the middle Provo last Thursday. Nice sunny day, and the parking lot at the restoration project was full of cars. BWO were coming off, made for some fun top water action.
[signature]
I fish both and killed them the last two weeks. Here is what I use.

South Fork and Ogden:
size 18 copper john, hare's ear, pheasant tail, all bead head, south ogden slayer, size 18-20 zebra midge
san jaun in wine and red
peach glo-bug
size 10-12 stone fly nymph

Good luck.

katghoti
[signature]
Don't feel bad...I hit the S.Fork yesterday with no success.I consider myself a decent flyfisher but was severly humbled.The river was looking good as far as level and color but only managed one hookup that I didn't land.Used soft hackle sow,barber scud and zebra midge.I hooked the one on the soft hackle.Fished plenty of good looking runs but just couldn't figure em out.Oh well the weather was beautiful and the beverages cold.I'll never quit till I figure them buggers out!!
[signature]
It's a difficult river to figuar out. One you get it, it will be one of your favorites. It changes through out the year. The fish really key in on what is going on. Try a DA Caddis.
[signature]