Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wacky rigs....???
Okay, I'm about to make a deal with myself to use lures and plastics all summer NO BAIT this year. but I need to know one thing, what kind of a hook does one use to wacky, whacky, whakee...etc..etc..rig a "stickbait" plastic? I have about a thousand senkos, gulp sink minnows and varying other types of this bait I have collected over the years...like 5...so I want to use them as I already tossed some that were "brittle and flaky" and just didnt look right to me. so other than texas/carolina rigging, and of course the spinner rig use of such items, I do have like 2/0 hooks in regular, circle, wide gap worm and offset worm....so which is better to use. Is it in the hookset or should I let the fish take a circle and hook them selves with this set up? Thanks to all from this cornocopia of knowledge in advance.
[signature]
I'm not much of a bait fisher but sometimes a live crawler is irresistable to some walleyes. Anywho, I like to wacky rig a 3" senko on a dropshot. (Mojo, of course[Wink]) I'm not sure of what type hook is the best for larger plastics. I use 1/0 wide gap but snag occasionally. I've seen em with wire "snag guards" but have never used them for wacky rigs, live bait in FL. is all but they seem to do the job.
[signature]
At the boat show I showed the best way to rig whacky ....
PM me and I will try to get you some Whacky-0's so you can try them....

[signature]
Yamamoto and other companies make a rubber "O" ring that goes around stick baits like the Senko. I works pretty good and keeps the expensive Senko's from tearing. But, Gammy makes a circle type hook with a plastic guard that you fold over the barb to keep it weedless. This hook is the most snag resistant wacky rig I have ever used. It doubles as a good drop-shot hook when you need a little thicker shanked hook for walleyes.
[signature]
Hey Joe, I looked for the rubber "O" rings on the Yamamoto site. I didn't see them. Where did you get them from?

[signature]
If you can't find them PM me. I have some. But you can get them from the freeform fishing store.

[signature]
If any of the people want any of the 0's let me know and I can bring them to the sell that is for Tomeguns bass club...

I think it is on the 15 of March this Wednesday I'm not sure of the time..
I need to know how many bags to bring....

[signature]
7pm at Classic Catering.

[signature]
So really fellas, what kind of hooks should I be using??? LOL.
[signature]
I like J hooks for senko's myself
[signature]
Go to any plumbing supply store and you can get all the o-rings u want just take your senkos to size them with.
[signature]