Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to treat Telemarketers
[cool][font "Rockwell"] [/font] [font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2]Someone has a get even personality.[/size][/#ff0000][/font][font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Poor Richard"][green]The phone rang as I was sitting down to my anticipated evening meal, and as [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]I answered it, I was greeted with, "Is this William Wagonhoss?"[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]This didn't sound anything like my name, so I asked, "Who is calling?"[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]The telemarketer said he was with The Rubberband- Powered Freezer Company or [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]something like that and then I asked him if he knew "William" personally[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]and why was he calling this number.[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]I then said off to the side, "Get really good pictures of the body and all [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]the blood." I turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to appear in the local [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]courthouse to testify in this murder case.[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]Then I questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]number at home, at work, whom he worked for, how he knew the dead guy, and [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call.[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]shaky voice.[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]I proceeded to tell him we had located his position at his work place and [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At that [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]point, I heard the phone fall and the scurry- ing of his running away.[/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green]My wife asked me as I returned to our table, why I had tears streaming down [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her for about fifteen minutes. My [/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green]meal was cold, but oh-so-very enjoyable![/green][/font]
[signature]
That is a good one. I'm not so nice to them when they call here
Dryrod;
Don't shoot me, but I used to be a telemarketer for JCPenney.. I would call on their credit card holders to offer them a trial period of Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance through JCPenney Life Insurance.
It was a fun job, I always hated calling people during dinner time.
I was fortunate that the people I called, for the most part were patient, since they were cardholders with us. If they said they weren't interested then we took them off the list. JCPenney ran their telemarketing very professional and even monitored out calls from time to time to ensure that we weren't being misleading or rude.
I never had anyone pull what you did, but I would have enjoyed it, to break up the calls after calls. After I left working for them, they closed down the facility due to the do not call lists and zappers that came out.
I hope someone calls me, I want to try your story on them!
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][Wink]Hi there BigDevilFan - oh I didn't do that. I thought that I would pass it along for it stuck me as being funny. Personally I will tell that that I am not interested and kindly remove me from their list. If they keep up their pitch I just hang up.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Priceless dryrod[Wink].. I'm going to have to remember that.
[signature]
That is classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

I though I had a good system. When people call and ask for MR. Hodgdon I give the phone to my nine year old son who proceeds to pretend he is an adult and typically about the third time they try to explain to him that "I need to talk to your Dad" and he replies "I am Mr. Hodgdon" they hang up and we geta pretty good laugh.

I never used to try to mess with them but I am so sick and tired of telling the same people "put me on your do not call list, again".

I used to be really polite about it but asking nicely usually ends up with them trying to tell you "I'm not trying to sell you anything" or "we don't have a do not call list".
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[Wink][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Well here is one that I heard on a Seinfeld rerun. He asked the caller for his name and home phone number and he will call him right back. The telemarketer says you can't call me at home - and Seinfeld says "exactly now you know how I feel" and hangs up. lol.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff4040]That was freaking hilarious Dryrod. I'm going to have to try that one myself one of these days. [/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I found a good No hablo ingles works!
[signature]