Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green river (concerned)
I've fished the green every spring at this time for the last 13 years. It's been my observation that over the last three to four years the quality of fish has been dropping substantially. This year I caught a half dozen browns on dry's and every last one of them was so skinny and malnourished that I was sure they wouldn't survive. It's really disheartening to see such a phenomenal fishery reduced to this state. It's time for a change in regs to promote some much needed harvest of the brown trout on the (little hole section) Green.
[signature]
I would much rather see them regulate the flows , leaving the bugs(food source) high and dry.You want to see that fishery go bad quick,allow an averidge 4 fish harvest.
[signature]
one reason for this is because of the huge infestation of the new zeland snails. its ruining their diets.
[signature]
I read over at Trout Creek Fly Shop, that the Brown Trout had a late spawn this year which will also contribute to the fish to be thin and weak right now.
I see this quite often in the spring at the Green. When I go back in the summer the fish look great. I hope that it will be that way again this year.
[signature]