Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest Gas Prices
[cool][#0000ff]We all feel the pain at the pump. Here is a service, updated daily, that lists the cheapest prices in your zip code.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx?m=1&l=1&zip=84118&x=17&y=8http://"]CLICK HERE[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the link TD. I read a news report saying Senate Republicans unveiled a proposal on Thursday to soften the blow of rapidly rising gasoline prices by suspending a retail fuel tax and paying for the lost revenue by also suspending some oil industry tax breaks. There is also word of a possible tax refund up to $100. Who knows if either will actually come to pass but any relief from these prices would be welcomed.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I think that I am like most Americans in not being able to understand something: Why is it that when the world oil market hiccups, we see it at the pump that same day...upwards that is? But, whenever prices drop, it may take weeks to see a drop in gas prices.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Their excuse is that they have to pass along their increased costs. Bullfeathers...or worse! If they have an increase in the price of crude, it is weeks before they see the first shipment at the higher prices. The instant increase at the pumps is pure profit. They have the best of it both upward and downward.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]'Tain't fair I tell ya.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Amen! They also atribute part of the latest increase to the new "mixture" regulations that change between seasons. I believe you put it best when you said "Bullfeathers". It seems the consumer is always taking it in the shorts.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those additives are a double whammy. They raise the price of gas and they damage most engines. There is also no proven value to the environment. If anything, they are damaging to the soil and water, as well as not doing anything for the atmosphere.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I am SO glad they finally stopped requiring Utah County vehicles to use 'oxygenated fuel' during winter months. Their studies seemed to show it didn't matter whether they had it or not, pollution levels stayed about the same.

My gas mileage would go down by 5 or 6 mpg when using that crap, not to mention the toll on your engine. The first winter they didn't require it, I only lost 1 or 2 mpg (I'm sure due to the colder weather).

They really do stick it to us. If it were simply increased COSTS, then the oil companies wouldn't be showing higher record profits than ANY US company EVER during this time. They are gouging us and we simply have to take it up the you know where cause we all gotta drive! [mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
It ticks me off too, but I am not going to start walking 21 miles each way to work, and rideshare/carpool is not practical for me with my unset work schedule as the vacation relief guy (of course I guess that is what everone thinks).
I think there is a consiracy between oil companies and automakers. Did you notice as soon as gas hit $3+ a gallon, every dealership in Utah started running ads for thier econo cars? In another 6months when everybody has kinked necks from cramming themselves into those little pieces of trash to try to save some money, they will start heavy ads for gas guzzling SUV's again.[Wink]
[signature]
Well, last year I started carpooling to work with another guy and holy cow have we saved a lot of money because of it. It is definitely not as convenient, and you give up a certain degree of freedom (like when you can leave early or not, run errands at lunch, etc.), but it does save a lot of money.

Maybe some day I'll strike black gold in my own backyard and then I won't have to worry about it.
[signature]
Gas prices are horrible, and I believe they are having a major impact
on everything. In years past I never really worried about where I drove or how much it cost to go fishing.

Personally, I believe the oil companies are just running the foreign market dry. I am sure there are many reserves here that are waiting to be tapped.

I still spend too much on gas. However, I have cut down on my travels a lot in the past year and have noticed a big difference.

Still tough to not travel (especially where I live)

$70-80 buck to fill up my boat
$100 to fill up my truck
$50-60 for the van
$40-50 for the shed hunting rig
$10+ for the 4-wheeler
ouch!!!!
[signature]