Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln beach and the #$%@ Dog 04/29/06
[#505000][Smile] Well this guy hit Lincoln Beach Saturday morning. I had a couple run and drops but didn't fish nearly as long as I would have liked to. I spent the first 20 minutes of my trip fishing for the pole I dumped in the lake. I finally caught it which was good since it is one of my favorites. [/#505000]
[#505000] [/#505000]
[#505000]I fished for a bit then some jackass with a dog showed up on the south dike to fish. That was the loudest barking dog I have ever laid ear to and it was constant (2-2 1/2 hours worth). I was well away from the dike along the south reeds and it was really starting to get on my nerves. I'm surprised some of the other bank tanglers didn't kill it. [/#505000]
[#505000] [/#505000]
[#505000]At around 11pm that dog had me so on edge I decided to call it a day and began rowing to shore so I could beat that dog to death with a pontoon paddle. [pirate] The dog owner must have had ESP because when I got about 100 yards from shore he packed up and left. Having only gotten a few inquires and my fishing trip being less than relaxing (thanks dog) I decided to call it an afternoon. [/#505000]
[#505000] [/#505000]
[#505000]I almost forgot while launching I met a fellow BFTer, I wish I could remember his handle. It was the word for fish in Tongan. Seemed like a nice fellow. Although he did ask if I was Tubedude. I didn't know if I should be happy that he could sense my fishing prowess... or insulted for all the obvious reasons!! [Tongue][/#505000]
[signature]
Thats too bad about the dog. I got a bassett named George and I took him up to Tibble Fork on Sunday. He is a good dog and did not bark once, because he knows I would not stand for it. But he is a good dog, if your dog cannot behave then you got no right takin it out to the lake!
[signature]
Let me also put in a good word for the K9 Kingdom. Sniff ! That's about the only noise my hounds make Except, at home when stangers show up or when I'm out camping and the coyotes howl - then they will make a growl and a bay or two, at which point the coyotes usually shut right up and all the rest of the wild life becomes kind of scarce.

Not all dogs are yappy or barky little [url "mailto:$#@!s"]$#@!s[/url] .

And to agree with CP and Fishdog78, if the dog is not well trained or socialized, it should be left at home to guard it's own turf and annoy the neighbors who probably already hate it.
[signature]
You said it Fishound!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have had many a quiet and relaxing trip ruined by noisy kids, dogs and yelling idiots. I often wonder why it is that people think they have to yell so loud when they are outdoors...even to people right next to them. As we all know, sound travels well over the water. And, I will never understand the mindset of dog owners who apparently do not even hear their noisy mutts. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You must be getting better looking (even if you can't fish) to be mistaken for my own fine self. Hope you gave him a nice tip.[/#0000ff]
[signature]