Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game on at Lincoln Beach 5-12-06
[cool][#0000ff]Hit Lincoln Beach at 6:30 AM. TubeBabe hooked the first cat at 6:45. It was a 5# healthy male. Jinx. She only caught one more small channel about 2.5#.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I caught 4, from 3.3# to a 25" that weighed 6.5#. Had a another 3.3# and a 5 pound in the mix too...as well as a silly bullhead that smacked a plastic I was tossing for walleyes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water temp was a cool 58 at launch, but warmed to 63 before we left just after noon. It was even warmer in the back shallows and carp were rolling like crazy, right up on the bank. Should brung a bow.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The fish were touchy today. We both missed a lot of bites and had several poorly hooked fish get off. Still, not too bad.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I had some help from DWR. They had set some survey nets right where I wanted to fish, at the mouth of Benjamin Slough. Just as I was getting into some cats, a few yards away, they came roaring in with their boat and proceeded to bang around enough to spook every fish within a mile. Game over.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I watched as they carefully released walleyes and cats and then gave a hefty heave ho to the carpinskis. Good show.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We couldn't have asked for a nicer morning. Glass most of the morning. After a light north breeze came up, however, we couldn't buy another bite. Headed in at noon and gave the fish cleaning station a good workout.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Attaching a pic of the high water off the first spring. No shore access there. But, the calm green warming water looks good for the weekend. Go for it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I knew is bound to happen. Who's the wise B-hole that couldnt resist and drag a bucket load of those dang flying carp here?[Wink]

Good ta see you two got into em.. Way ta,,,,
[signature]
[cool]Nice job tubers!! I wanted to hit that area yesterday on my birthday, but the 11 mph wind forcrash on accuweather.com didn't really suit my fancy. Maybe I should have chanced it and gone to the brown pond anyway, as the fishing at 'da berry was a little slow. Can't wait to get out to Lincoln someday soon. I keep most of my tubing/fishing gear in the trunk right now anyway, so I'm going to call in sick on my way to "work" one morning so the wife thinks I'm at work. She'll get over it after I get home with some kitties...I'll have my people call your people soon...
[signature]
TD and TB you two are so awesome. great report and pictures.
hopefully next month i will be able to hit utah lake for some kitties.
wife is having surgery next week. so i'll be mister mom for about a month.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Red, the good news is that it is only going to get better from now on. Next month will be great.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let's start thinking about another night trip. I kinda have a tradition "Full Moon In June". It can be magic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Best wishes to you and your wife with the upcoming surgery. Hope all goes well and that you can stay sane through it all...so you will be ready for fishing. But, then again, who says fishermen are sane?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i will more than be ready by the time she heals up.
that night thing sounds too good.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those guys wouldn't even wait while I got my 12 guage. PULL![/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'm gonna head out and try for some kitties tonight. Anyone had any success for the cats at night yet at UL?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not me, but I have inside reports on some good cats coming in after dark. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This time of year the water temps are highest in the later part of the day. The cats are often more active just after dark than they are early in the morning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Look for shallow protected areas where the water warms from the sun but is not cooled by prevailing breezes. It is surprising how shallow some of those warmth seeking kitties will come after dark. This is expecially true of bullheads. Used to catch grundles of them in Provo Harbor at night, about this time of year. They would come in close enough that all you had to do is drop a worm into the shallow water straight down off your rod. Kids had a ball with a short length of leader on a stick, as a handline.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I hope the carp got some complimentary gillectomies!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Those "flying carp" released by the DWR gang were not given the benefit of their complimentary "gill aumentation".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]However, you will be pleased to know that before I began actively fishing...after letting TubeBabe score the first kitty...that I briefly engaged in some "force feeding". As usual, there were several large rafts of carp gathered on the still surface. They make good casting practice and help stretch the string to make it more supple for subsequent cat catching.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be it knowed that two voluntary "dorsal diners" were treated to the "Lincoln Beach Liposuction"...having substantial quantities of extraneous gill material removed. Dr. Duck Ness performed the procedures under local anesthesia...mine, not theirs. Sadly, both patients exhibited signs of post surgical bleeding and were discharged from the operating room quickly to make room for more patients.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hi TD, loks like you and the Babe had a fairly good time over there. BTW you two are quite the photogenic couple. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Scotty, good luck out there tonight. Hope you are slaying them right now as I type this. Look forward to your report.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Bet you thought you would be the last one to post on this tonight.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am awake (NOW) because someone just tried to kick in my back door...and side door. Left broken glass and footprints but did not get in...or they would not have left (vertically). Policeman gave us a case number for our insurance and left to go check on another neighbor who also had the same thing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Think I will be awake awhile.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[pirate]That really sucks, Pat. I did find it VERY strange that you were online at this time of night. That is just terrible that someone tried to break in. #$%@ meth addicts!! Looking for something to steal to go pawn off to get that next meth fix. It's a really crappy deal. Glad you guys are o.k. though and that he didn't get in. Maybe he should have got in though so he could have been taught a dang good lesson.

Hope you can get a decent night's sleep a little later on once things settle down in your neighborhood tonight...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks Bro. How's the new fishing buddy doin'?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]He's doing great. Only had to have the jaundice lights on him for two days here at the house after he was released from the hospital. He's starting to grow and right now he's having a late night feeding as I type this. You two going fishing again this weekend? Perhaps if you are up for it later next week I'll have my people call your people about a trip to Lincoln. If not, I think I'll head out there for my first trip to Lincoln of the year (shame on me for taking so dang long!!![pirate]).
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No more fishing for a couple of days. Fambly stuff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Got a tentative trip to the west side planned for Tuesday.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know what your schedule for next week is and maybe we can do a meet-up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tentative nothing!!! I'm already starting to develop my "Tuesday cough". [cool] Put me down as a plus one to the Tuesday mission because from my side of things, its still a go. We just need to get that map circulated to the involved parties... [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry, no report. My brother & sis-in-law dropped in last night from AZ, so I ended up conversating instead of going catting. Maybe tonight though. TubeDude, sorry to hear about the smashed door and scare last night. I am aquainted with several Officers and Detectives from your city and they are a very dedicated and professional department. Hopefully they can get a lead on this POS and bring him in. I have no doubt that you would have shown him what for if he made it in, but it's better that we didn't have to find out.
[signature]