Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum conditions
I have plans to try Hyrum on Saturday, and if it's too soft then possibly heading over to Porcupine dam and try my luck with the kokanee. If any one has been to Hyrum recently, then let me know please. A couple of Saturday's ago, I landed a 14 1/2" bass. Nice and plump.
[signature]
I couldnt find a recent report on Hyrum, but here is one for Porcupine from last week

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25681"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=25681[/url]

Good luck and let us know how you do[Smile]
[signature]
The ice is gone. It was nothing but floating slush this morning. If it stays warm, which it sounds like it will, it could be good fishing from shore or a boat on Saturday. Like other bodies of water, ice-off sometimes turns the fishin' on.
[signature]
Hello,

Never fished Hyrum before. Me and my brother was thinking about trying it it this weekened from the shore but didnt know if it was iced over or not. Whats the best place to fish from the shore. And what kinda bait do you recomeend? Do you have to hike down far to get to the water. And Whats the best way to get to the lake? I guess I should also ask what types of fish are in Hyrum.

Thanks,

Tyler
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I don't think Hyrum would be one of my choices for this weekend. As RNL said, the ice is unfishable and, unfortunately, there is no shoreline to fish at this time. I don't think it's going to melt off; not with temps dropping next week. Basically, the place is in limbo. But just as I say this, some crazy will tempted fate and venture on to the ice and claim it fishable. To that individual, I say, what ever turns your crank...[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]When the shoreline becomes available, the best accessible FREE shoreline fishing is the west end on the dam. You can go over to Devil's Half Acre and fish the shore too but if you've never taken that road in it can be a little tricky to find. If you don't mind paying the park fee that can open up the entire north shoreline. There are many places to fish along there from the State park ramp east to the swim area. and a bit farther.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Yuo can walk into any place on the shoreline. If you verture to the east end near the swim beach area there's a trail and road down to the beach area. You can wealk the shoreline either way from there. There is also a trail that connects the ramp area to the swim beach area.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]There are several species of fish in Hyrum. Perch, Bass, Bluegill and Trout pretty well round out the selection. In the warmer weather it can be a pretty good bass fishery.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Again, I don't think I'd head over yet. Wait till the lake makes up it's mind about thawing or freezing back up.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Okay,

Ill just stay tunned, I had thought perhaps it would be okay by saturday, But im not going to go if you dont think it will. Ill just check back on that then.

Thank you for the infromation on the locations to fish and what to look for.

Tyler
[signature]