Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Sat. evening
Slipped down to the new west side marina after deciding the wind wasn't that bad.

Went down to Pelican Pt. & kinda tucked up close to shore under the lee of the point & gave it our best. Nada. Decided to brave the swells & go on south a ways & tuck up against the reeds & give it a shot. We put the hurt on 4 - 5 of the biggest bullheads I've ever seen & boated two nice kitties. One about 6 lb. & the other a bit bigger. Lost several other fish that we assumed were channels just from the way they slugged it out with us. The submerged vegetation really gives them the upper hand. Once they get into that [url "mailto:##@!&%%"]##@!&%%[/url]#@** stuff the game is over. Got to watch several flights of pelicans come over (something about them reminds me of an old WWII B-24 bomber when they're in flight) heading for the roost.

When we headed in it was dark & that made finding the opening in the marina jetty kinda fun since my spotlight refused to work.

Now I gotta see how brightly I glow in the dark after eating them kitties. If it's bright enough, I won't bother fixin' the spotlight.

Oh, the baits of choice were minnows & shrimp/crawler combo about 3' under a bobber.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you found some fish. I'm sure it woulda been more productive and more fun without the dreaded "W".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]NEVER go out in an afternoon without at least one good light. Basic checklist stuff. Never know when you are gonna stay past dark or have an emergency that requires a light. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don'tcha just hate it when you make the wrong guess and you hear that crunching sound when you hit the rocks?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tom,
Glad you got into the kitties. Sorry I couldn't make it out that afternoon. The golf tournament took longer than planned. I should be free for fishing the rest of the summer after June 6th.
Maybe we can hook up some other time after that.

Thanks,James.
[signature]