Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Indian River Fishing Report
May 24, 2006

INSHORE:

Summer weather has made it's way onto the Treasure Coast. We have enjoyed mild winds and great water conditions this week. The water most mornings has been flat and working top water at first light is a great opportunity to hook into something fishy. Afternoon showers seem to have finally arrived to ease the drought.

[Image: th_100_0811.jpg]
Pete and Sue Knoll doubled up on these nice redfish of 26" and 29"....

I had the pleasure of taking Pete and Sue Knoll out on the flats earlier this week. The redfish were cooperating for us that morning and they boated five nice reds that ranged from 26" - 29". We had our success using MirrOlures that morning. The redfish have been active lately and will hit spoons, soft baits and top water also. The eastern flats in the river has been our best producing areas.

[Image: th_100_0810.jpg]
Sue with another 26" redfish from the flats....

Trout have been mostly early morning hits on top water lures. They seem to hit one day and not the next this week for us. Try jerk baits or live shrimp once the sun rises up. Live pinfish should also provoke a trout into a bite.

[Image: th_100_0807.jpg]
Another redfish attacked a MirrOlure.....

Snook will continue to come up on the flats to feed and you will have an opportunity to get one on a top water lure, such as, Chug Bugs, Zara Spooks or Skitterwalks. Vary how you work the lures to find what will tempt them into striking. The inlet is still producing some nice catches, but has slowed down somewhat now.

[Image: th_100_0809.jpg]
Pete with another redfish caught along the Indian River...

There are a number of fish around the river and bridges to catch. Sheephead and sand perch around the bridges. Whiting and bluefish in the surf and some flounder around the jetties should keep you occupied for a while longer.

Tip of the Week:
With summer almost upon us and the winds laying down more and more, it's that time of year to always remember keep water and ice in the boat. Keeping hydrated while out on the water is very important to having a great day out there. Drink plenty of fluids during the day as the temperatures rise and the sun shines down on you. It will keep you refreshed and ready to reel in that big catch.....

As always, have a safe weekend and remember, fishing is not just another hobby.....it's an ADVENTURE!

Good fishing and be safe,
Captain Charlie Conner
Captain Charlie's Fish Tales Charters

www.fishtalescharter.com

To have my fishing report sent to you. Email me at: captaincharlie@fishtalescharter.com

Call me at: 772-284-3852