Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry June 3-4
[font "Arial"][red]Went up to Strawberry on Saturday evening to spend the night on a friends party hut pontoon. We fished by Renegade and my buddies little 5 year old caught 2 nice cutts there. Around 8 pm we decided to find a nice camp site in the narrows for the night. We fished from shore and once again the 5 year old put on a clinic catching fish. Seemed most fish were close to shore in 10 feet or less of water. I witnessed on several occasions big cutts chasing 10 inch chubs around several right on the surface. [/red][/font]
[font "Arial"][red]There was alot of minnow shiners and chubs from 1 -4 inches cruising the banks. Saturday night I caught over a hundred crawdads while sitting around the camp fire. [/red][/font]
[font "Arial"][red]I never caught one fish this weekend, but didnt try to hard either. This was one of those sit back and relax weekends. Weather was great. Dark green tube jigs seemed to be the ticket this weekend though![/red][/font]
[signature]
[font "Monotype Corsiva"][green][size 4]Sounded like a great time. Maybe we could go on a fishing date sometime if you are into that?[cool][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like a good time Rob. Did you end up cookin' up those dads?
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Rob. It's good to hear that the crawdads are finally making their way towards the shorlines now. I tried for them about 3 weeks ago and didn't get one, and I'm pretty experienced at catching them too. Think I'll have to head up there within the next month or two. I miss those crawdad dinners!!
[signature]